Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PSP Penalties

Richiemonk

Jul 24, 2005
Norfolk
Can someone shed some light for me,
I'm checking out some PSP on Youtube and eveynow n then they throw either a red or yellow flag up then pull the player. Can someone break down as to what the penalties are for us?

Chars

f1nut2

Team Kinetic
Feb 28, 2008
St Austell
Im no expert but from what ive picked up from watching webcasts and videos i think 1 flag is for a Minor penalty which is 1 min in the penalty box .
the other flag is a Major penalty which is 2 min in the penalty box.

Dont exactly know difference between what constitutes a Major or Minor but they get given for similar things to what we get 1 4 1s for. Playing on etc.

From listening to some commentary from last PSP i think a major penalty continues through the points whereas a minor penalty seems to come off before the start of next point unless given right at end of point.

Players racing out the penalty box does add an interesting dimension. usually quite funny watching them get lit up when a team are switched on to time left on a penalty.

Im sure someone will give you a far better idea of what the flags are all about and correct me lol

Cheers

BubbleGumBob

Free Style Baby!
Mar 10, 2007
Reading/Newbury
Yellow are minors they come of if your team loose the point, majors stay on until full time has exspired, also pretty sure if you get a penalty you get a 1 for 1 for not sure on that

BubbleGumBob

Free Style Baby!
Mar 10, 2007
Reading/Newbury
Yellow are minors they come of if your team loose the point, majors stay on until full time has exspired, also pretty sure if you get a penalty you get a 1 for 1 for not sure on that

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
Basically you can get penalties for swearing, throwing gear, talking after shot, roster or staff leaving your pits, talking from pits, over shooting(bounce balling) someone who is clearly out, gun shooting over 300fps, gun shoot faster than 12.5bps, yellow gear, playing when your hit, etc. Those all vary.
The main ones are the hit penalties. If you play on and have an obvious hit on your body that you can feel and see it that is a major penalty. If the ref thinks it is an non obvious hit ( hopper, pods, pack ) then it is a minor. However most refs are understanding and won't throw a minor unless they think you know you got hit, shot someone out after being hit, or did a major move after getting hit. If you get hit in the hopper or pack/pods and you flinch and/or tuck into the bunker or move out of the way a little after you get hit in the hopper or pack the ref is going assume you felt a ball hit you, you didn't call for a check, and you will get a minor or major for it. Depends on the ref honestly and if they think you clearly played on. If you get hit in the arm or something you should be able to look and see if you got hit, and you call for a check for it, that is a minor I believe. If you get bunkered and he shoots you then as he passes you, you spin and shoot him real quick while he is bunkering you that is a major.
got to say though , over here in the UK Sites don`t use the Pits to come charging out to play after getting the penalties and having so many seconds before they can come out then It`s a 50/50 chance to see them make it. and to be honest , that was the Best part because the other team know this then makes the team WAKE UP. over here In the UK It`s quite tame really. It`s a shame.

Last edited: