Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Python Compression Connector Stuck in SP-1

MrWizard2U

Mutated to Perfection
Mar 21, 2009
wizzard.bravehost.com
Bought a Python Compression kit for my SP-1 and screwed it in without any issues together with the .695 insert. When I wanted to change the insert I unscrewed the barrel but the compression connector didn't come out with it. Considering that the shroud is much longer then the compression connector I cant get hold of the connector to unscrew it out and can't change the insert. So now I am stuck with the .685 insert and the connector on the marker inside the shroud. Can put the barrel on or take it off so can still use the marker but only with this insert.

Any ideas how to solve this current problem and how to avoid this happening in the future. Besides of course forcefully prying it out and throwing away the kit.

MrWizard2U

Mutated to Perfection
Mar 21, 2009
wizzard.bravehost.com
Tried it and managed to strip it down to the last bolt. Access to that last bolt is through the shroud in the middle of the top front rail and the connector is just long enough to block that access. In other words I don't think I can get the shroud off without getting the connector out and I cant get the connector out without getting the shroud off.

The only thing I can think of is super glue on the barrel thread and then quickly screw it in. After it sets I should be able to unscrew together the barrel and the connector. If I do that will I be able to separate them later or am I going to end up with the connector permanently attached to the barrel?

synergy

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2008
Bicester
clean the threads of you barrel and python system put some locktight on your barrel thread screw it in and leave it for a day the back should hopefully come out when you unscrew your barrel but dont quote me on it though never tried it

MrWizard2U

Mutated to Perfection
Mar 21, 2009
wizzard.bravehost.com
At the moment that seems to be the only solution I got. Just wondering if afterwards I will be able to unscrew the barrel and the connector and clean of the locktight.

MrWizard2U

Mutated to Perfection
Mar 21, 2009
wizzard.bravehost.com
I sent a mail to Python and a guy named Vic came back to me quite quickly suggesting to dismantle the shroud so I can get to the connector. After I replied that it is not possible he simply told me to get a pair of needle nose pliers and reverse unscrewed it from the inside while taking care not to damage the marker and not to worry about damaging the connector as he will send me a new one.

Did exactly as he advised got the thing out and then on his request sent him my address to send a replacement connector. All this Friday night before Easter. I must say I now breathe a bit easier and am pleasantly surprised with the better then expected expediency and service.

In due course after playing with it, (Vic also advised how to avoid the problem) I will come back here and let you guys know if for me this gadget is worth the trouble I went through with it.

bang-bang

Apr 12, 2009
I have a couple descrepencies with this post. First, there is no .695 insert for the Pyhton system. Second, if the back piece got stuck and the barrel came out just turn it upside down tap the body of the marker on your hand and switch the insert. I have both the SP-1 and the python system.

MrWizard2U

Mutated to Perfection
Mar 21, 2009
wizzard.bravehost.com
Sorry just a typo in the first instance where I mentioned it. The second mention of the insert was the correct one at .685. You are right the insert came out as you say. Vic advised the same but I had to give it quite a violent shake and some pretty hard tapping.

By the way have not had a chance to try it out yet. Probably the first opportunity will be 18th or 19th so curious to learn how you like your Python kit. Does it make a noticeable difference in accuracy of the marker? If you chronoed it with and without is there a fps difference?

All I did was to try to match an insert to a few balls I got laying around and found some challenges in doing so. Most of the balls I got are not round so if I go with a large insert most of them roll through. If I go an insert down most of them stick pretty hard in the insert. To the point where I cant blow out quite a few of them. What would be the best choice of insert in such a case?

bang-bang

Apr 12, 2009
HAHAHA that is too funny. Iam in the same situation as you. Like you, I have just purchased this product and have not used it in my marker yet and will be playing on the 19th. I also had some random paint lying around and tried the fit check and noticed the same issue. The paint wasnt very round so in some instances the paint would catch and would seem like thats what kind of a fit we were looking for. then put the same ball back in with seam in a different location and it would roll right through. The paint I had used was from a scenario game from October and was what the field was handing out. I usually play with allstars so I am assuming if you get good paint it should proform the way its supposed to. I will post my results from this coming weekend and look forward to hearing about your adventures. Happy hunting! Shoot straight