Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

quick questions thanks

Adam.bbx

Oct 13, 2013
so ive started playing magfed pump, but my stock barrel is pants , and to make it worse its spyder threaded meaning there is hardly any choice, ive seen a really nice a5 threaded hammerhead barrel kit i want , will match perfect , is there away i can get like a converter to change from spyder to A5 as i cant see one online ?

thanks
adam

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
With hammerheads the backs are the sizer, so not a lot of good for you in this case
An adaptor will just defeat the object of the sizer, so you would need a spyder threaded hammerhead set

An alternate is freak sets. These are sized by inserts so you can either get a spyder backed set, or find a set for a good price and then get a spyder back. With freak sets you can just buy a new back if you change gun to one with a different thread and keep using the set

Adam.bbx

Oct 13, 2013
Ah I see , struggling to find a jnr freak set second hand , and that hammerhead was soo pretty

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
A reasonably priced freak will come up here some time
And you're right - hammerheads are nice

You could find a hammerhead with spyder backs (fins in hammerhead speak) but as you've found its less common
(Though in fact like autococker the spyder thread is a common thread, but mainly successful in basic level guns-no criticism of your choice of magfed pump, I have that pump)
Keep looking around for a set, and along the way consider picking up a few single spyder barrels

Reactions: Adam.bbx

Adam.bbx

Oct 13, 2013
Hammer heads have fins at the start of your barrel (basically a changeable section at the thread), allowing you to bore your barrel to the paint you are using. Some people swear by over boring others the opposite , so say your paint is .684 when you size it, people may use a bore of .692 known as over boring , or other May use a smaller back , for a more snug fit.

But tbh this can be quite pointless if using site supplied paint ,milked shield for example, as there paint is so cheap and nasty there is no consistency , as paint is a massive factor in accuracy.

I had an a5 about a 2 years ago , and I used a j&j ceramic barrel and the paint at delta force didn't even fit giving me barrel blocks as there paint was soo swollen

So, a hammerhead can greatly improve accuracy ( as will freak insert barrels or bored two piece barrels like shaft 3/4s or dye ultra lights ) if it is bored well to the paint, hope this helps mate

Reactions: tezza

tezza

Jul 20, 2014
walsall
yea cheers for the help bro, i understand it a whole lot better now, i might just leave it as ill be getting a mini soon im sick of being outgunned :/, and its pointless getting an r-grip because most people ban using it along with burst fire pftt lol, anyways rant over cheers for the help buddy