Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ramping at the PA...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It came.. it went... no one died, no one had their heads blown off. Those inclined to move, moved and those inclined to sit back and shoot bunkers sat back and shot bunkers...

... although from the conversations I had during the day, because the ability to shoot on the move became easier there was actually more inclination to move.

All in all I don't think it turned out to be the big scary monster that some seemed to think it was going to be.

In fact we heard a new expression yesterday.. the "15bps grin" which is apparently the look a player gets after playing with the new mode.

An interesting phenomena which I had recounted to me numerous times throughout the day, from all levels, was that players experiencing this for the first time seemed to think that there was some kind of invisible shield in front of them.

It seems that people were getting so carried away by the moment of letting rip strings of paint at their opponent that they forgot the other basic element of paintball... duck! :)

Players I've talked to who've been training with the new modes also came across the same thing during training but fortunately were able adjust their game (well... some of them :) ) before the tournament.

I really enjoyed it.

Wobbling your fingers about isnt a skill we need in paintball. It isnt cool, it doesnt look good, its just moronic.

Being able to sprint up the field and put key players in while on the move, people ducking under ropes of paint and pulling off sick moves. Now thats cool...

I hadnt really made up my mind about ramping, but now I have tried it I am convinced its the way forward.

Scotty D

Too serious by half
Feb 2, 2002
Kinross. Scotland
Visit site
Due to me not being good enough to play at a decent level, I had become bored watching games and thought that the 15Bps would stifle any movement.
Boy..was I wrong.
The games were definitely faster and in almost all cases a heck of a lot more fun to watch.

Didn't see any cases of overkill at all.

So from the sidelines it does seem to be a good ruling.
:)

Twizz ECI

London Tigers 2
Jan 8, 2003
Crawley
Sad

All i can say is sunday was a sad day for me, after nearly 20 years of playing the game i LOVE i can honestly say i hated it!! i had a chat to about 20 poeple and only 4 players liked it and 2 of those did'nt play!! someone is going to get hurt when there's a mugging going on and the gun does'nt stop firing, some of the guns in Div 1 was firing at more than 15 balls a second, and they are only letting players play with the rampping mode is cos they can't stop players cheating.......PAINTBALL....R.I.P

neil m

Am Member
May 31, 2004
Cannock
Visit site
i have to agree with twizz here. some people did get hurt(in div 1 anyway). one of the showtime boys came in blue but went out with a red shirt, and no one got pulled for overkill. one of our own players got shot to sh*T in the last game of the day.
I myself got lite up in the same game, its not the players fault, as soon as the gun ramps who ever he is shooting is gona get 15bps.
just my two pence worth. like it or lump it.

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by John C

Unfortunately the PA's robot discovered a sense of 'free will' and went off on a quest for 'input'.
So basically it was a load of **** then?

Had a chat with a few people who had ramping boards and they said they were not checked, and were shooting at more than the 15bps limit. Obviously i wont name them, so dont ask, but it begs the question, if the 15bps limit was brought in to eliminate cheats, then how were people still allowed to cheat even when there was a magical robot there?

Congrats to the PA for achieving nothing with the 15bps cap, people who want to shoot faster than the limit did, and were unpunished. Way to level the playing field:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.