The Home Of European Paintball

Ramping - Robbo's Article in PGI 195

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
Thank god! Some sense at last.

If you haven't got a copy of the latest PGI (Issue 195), then get on www.paintballwarehouse.co.uk and buy one.

If you have got a copy or one is on its way, turn to Robbo's article on Page 36-42, titled "Ramping: Why we MUST Stop it." This is the first sensible argument about ramping that I have heard/read from a respected member of the industry. And you guys should read it!

I've refused to budge on the ramping issue in the NSPL, sticking by the No-Ramping rule while everyone seems to slowly move towards an all out Ramping Culture here in the UK. Why? My reasons have always been the same and Robbo sums them up pretty well indeed. You're gonna (hopefully) listen to him more than you will me, so...

Buy it. Read it. Well said Robbo!

mikie

Apr 29, 2004
London
each to the own mate. personal i like that fact that some series have ramping and some dont. like psp/nppl/nxl all have different rules on there fireing modes. you can play want you want to play and dont just have to follow the sheep

F3Z

Mar 17, 2003
Bristol, UK
im not to bothered by the idea of ramping but all i do see is that theres no reason that the next step wont be full auto in tourneys. And tbh thats not gonna be half as much fun is it.

Flash-Bugout

doin' other stuffs
Jul 6, 2001
need to get hold of Tank for an exit
Surely once the safety considerations have been taken into account, we really shoudl be using NXL mode (3 shots then FA).

It IS safer than ramping after all. When you let go of the trigger, no more balls come out. With the current 3 shots then ramping, you get an additional two shots after you stop pulling the trigger. Unless of course someone comes out with a mind-reading gat, and I think SP already have the patent on that one... ;)

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
It does make a refreshing change to hear that someone like Robbo take a very public stand against ramping.

Most of you know (from the PA forum) that I have always been against ramping from a safety aspect - but I soon got 'shouted down' for it (in fact, I was told "you know nothing about ramping"!).

Same goes for Mad Dog. No doubt he'll stick his 2p worth in here soon ;).

Once again, thank-you Mr. Robinson.

Contract Killer 05

Mar 26, 2005
SOMANC
Visit site
I don't see what all the fuss is about? If you don't like tournaments that allow ramping markers, then don't play them, Simple........

I think more people like ramping than normal semi?

Look at all the teams that played Germany, they did'nt pull out because of ramping markers, Personally i think it's evolution, single shot to pump, pump to semi, semi to ramping, ramping to full auto?

Just my 2pennys worth, everyones entiteled to their own oppinion.

Originally posted by Raffles
It does make a refreshing change to hear that someone like Robbo take a very public stand against ramping.

Most of you know (from the PA forum) that I have always been against ramping from a safety aspect - but I soon got 'shouted down' for it (in fact, I was told "you know nothing about ramping"!).

Same goes for Mad Dog. No doubt he'll stick his 2p worth in here soon ;).

Once again, thank-you Mr. Robinson.
I seem to remember when the new ruling was announced and they were talking about allowing bouncy markers, you were the first person asking how to make your 04 speed bouncy!

Bouncy marker >> worst than a ramping one anyday!

-EDD