The Home Of European Paintball

Ramping - Robbo's Article in PGI 195

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Chicago
What we need is to take a Millenium guy, a PSP guy, and a NPPL guy, and lock 'em in a room, preferably a hot one with no air conditioning, until they agree to require certified boards.

Preferably semi-auto ones.
Then we need to get all the manufacturers in 1 room and agree through pain of death that they won't write dodgy code for their own teams....
Reminds me of the manufacturer agreed 16 bps cap........:rolleyes:

Paul.

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
Then, we could all go watch live coverage of the Snowball Fight In Hell League on Fox.

Chicago

Jan 31, 2005
Visit site
Originally posted by Collier
Then we need to get all the manufacturers in 1 room and agree through pain of death that they won't write dodgy code for their own teams....
Reminds me of the manufacturer agreed 16 bps cap........:rolleyes:

Paul.
In all seriousness, the whole point is that the league requires boards where that's no longer even possible.

Flash-Bugout

doin' other stuffs
Jul 6, 2001
need to get hold of Tank for an exit
It occurs to me,

WDP and Planet are advising their users not to play with a ramping gun in a tournament series where ramping isn't specifically allowed, basically to cover their own behinds - why don't we see any advice from either company with regards to not using the potentially unsafe modes in either the PSP and NXL.

from Planet's statement:
The safety and liability implications of these modes are very serious and should be treated as such.
from WDP's statement:
We are taking this stance due to the fact that we believe the use of ramping modes in a Millennium tournament environment may lead to an increased likelihood of injuries
So both companies believe that ramping modes are potentially dangerous/may lead to more injuries*.

So why are they continuing to ship guns with these modes enabled?

Shouldn't the statements have read
"the rules don't specifically allow ramping modes, therefore we advise you to use a capped semi-auto mode, to prevent yourself being DQ'd"
*actually, I've just noticed that WDP, according to their statement, only believe that ramping will increase injuries in a Millennium tournament environment - very cleverly worded :) - perhaps they think that Millennium players are more useless than PSP/NXL/PA players (that's rhetorical, don't start that debate in this thread :) )