Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Recomended GYM workouts?

Ballantin

Jul 13, 2013
Milton Keynes
Oh dear, not good. How'd you do it, fella?
It was last Saturday. I was doing well all day, enjoying a lot, and playing on new positions that do not used to play. I was going for the snake, so I ran as fast as I can and tried to slide at the end. But my feet got stuck in the ground, I hear a sound like a rope breaking, and that's all, I was on the floor in pain. Oh but I managed to reach snake 1 hehehe.

They will X-Ray me again next monday to see if the bones are in place or I need surgery.

Ballantin

Jul 13, 2013
Milton Keynes
At least 6 more weeks with the cast, if everything is OK, then another 4 weeks or so of fisio and rehab, to get the muscles fit and the ankle movement back to normal (and also to get the bone callus from the dim one that form in first place, to a laminated one).

I was bored at home so I just read a bit on how bones heal hehehe. But also the doctor mentioned same figures.

Harbinger

DO NOT DO AS I SAY / POST / JOKE ABOUT
Jan 14, 2014
The Royal County
Bro, do you lift? Best thing to try is Sprint interval training, 30 seconds @ 17KPH ( sorry my gym is metric ) rest and repeat 10 times, and then gentle jogs @8KPH but carry with you some 3kg Dumbells to replicate running with gun / paint weight, try some staggered squats too to save the legs dying the next day, like a normal squat but one foot in front of the other about 2 feet apart, I found that helps a lot when camping out.

madness

i love formula 5's
Mar 27, 2006
south east london
It was last Saturday. I was doing well all day, enjoying a lot, and playing on new positions that do not used to play. I was going for the snake, so I ran as fast as I can and tried to slide at the end. But my feet got stuck in the ground, I hear a sound like a rope breaking, and that's all, I was on the floor in pain. Oh but I managed to reach snake 1 hehehe.

They will X-Ray me again next monday to see if the bones are in place or I need surgery.
I was at the field when this happened. I didn't see it but saw Aaron after and he was in pain. He still rode is bike home. See you on the field soon. Hopefully sooner rather than later. All the best and a speedy recovery.

nikko_300bhp

May 10, 2013
For sprint and endurance, try some HIIT (high intensity interval training). It can boost your stamina throughout events within months. Squats and generally leg exercises should also help with you athletic stance behind bunkers and snapshooting using your legs. A relatively stronger upper body will also help with crawling, very useful if you are a snake player.

Generally, being fit can improve your game dramatically... Just like any other sport! :)

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Speed and weight training, along with cardio are great. Don't forget stretching, do some yoga, it'll keep you limber which will save you from some potential injuries. The older you get the more difficult it is to heal heh.

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
My number one piece of advice would be to take everything said on here (and else where online) with a pinch of salt.

Training like many other things seems to breed a **** ton of "amateur experts" who can often spread as much misinformation as genuine information.

(not targeting anyone in particular, just a general point to consider)

Reactions: Spikerz

oddknack

Mar 27, 2010
I find matches to be more about short, explosive movement, which generally points to strength training. I play snake, so getting up and getting down quickly and under control is important. Conditioning doesnt have to be more complicated than squats, burpees and planks. Doing those will take care of any aerobic capacity you need for paintball. Oh, and depending on your age, warming up by putting your arms, legs, torso, hips through a full range of motion, and then stretching afterwards may be more or less important!