Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Recycling an air tank

juantrox

Mar 1, 2014
Hi guys,

I recently moved to Manchester and while checking my boxes I found my old tank (I used in the US). I know that DOT tanks are not legal here so I wanted to ask you if it is possible to get it open to keep the reg as a spare and if the bottle could be recycled or if it should be dispossed?

Thank you.

Attachments

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
Not sure what you mean by "get it open" but the reg just screws off, you may need to gently apply some heat to the bottle neck to break any thread lock that's been used. The bottle itself isn't really recyclable as the fibre wrapping will be a twat to get of the aluminium liner. If you're going to dispose of it, drill a couple of big holes through the bottle to stop any one from using it.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Disposal via the local tip etc, they may have a section that scuba cylinders etc are put aside
It is good practice as above to drill a hole to guarantee it cannot be refilled

You can also use it as a paperweight/ornament etc, or as an example cylinder
Eg if you know of a local university paintball society etc they may like it to have for display stands on freshers week for recruiting members. Old drilled cylinders allow them to show a gun & cylinder and as it is drilled then it passes any H&S / site rules etc

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
A joke reply of course
Should fill it up and put in the bin, it'll be a good troll for the Bin man when he puts it through the compactor.

I've been at a 'green' sealed incinerator whilst medical waste was deposited.
Some banging noises, dials off the scale, flashing lights and an alarm tone
Then it went back to normal

The operator just said - 'couple of oxygen cylinders in there then'

Harbinger

DO NOT DO AS I SAY / POST / JOKE ABOUT
Jan 14, 2014
The Royal County
A joke reply of course

I've been at a 'green' sealed incinerator whilst medical waste was deposited.
Some banging noises, dials off the scale, flashing lights and an alarm tone
Then it went back to normal

The operator just said - 'couple of oxygen cylinders in there then'
See no harm done, all in good fun.

Harbinger

DO NOT DO AS I SAY / POST / JOKE ABOUT
Jan 14, 2014
The Royal County
But very immature dont you think?
Probably, but you never done anything like that? Most garages for instance put tyres in them for a laugh, Air Cylinders in the compactor are quite common tbh, Bin lorries are over an inch thick steel and the rams are capable of squashing a lot more than something going of at a few K PSI when the ram is well and truly over that and over a much larger surface area, plus the crush from front to back all it will do is make a little bang and scare them, not going to go flying through the bulk head and decapitate the driver. Rambling now.