Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Regency Chrome 2 -

Sim

Jan 23, 2010
Liverpool
These things seem to be a bit too rare to just google problems and find the solutions like im used to

so figured it give it a shot on here

Heres the story:

got the gun from someone on this fourum and theres no doubht that he's a good guy and isnt lying when he says he was working when he posted it

Trigger kept coming loose, loctite'd that so it seems to be holding for now

Its an aftermarket feedneck which seems a bit crappy with rotors... but i guess i can replace that at some point... but they are just "meh" problems that i dont need help with, these are the big ones:

he wasnt using the actual CP reg when he was using it, someone1 else was.

got it, shot it in the back garden and it was absolutely terrible, massively inconsistent, shots spooning everywhere (like obscenely bad spread) and not smooth in the slightest (nothing like what ive heard about these guns)

asked the guy what he thought and he said it would just need chrono'ing due to the reg.. so left it alone for a while before finding out it'd be a while before i go paintballing and wanted to fix the gun, so i went out and bought a chrono

(its a 1 shot at a time chorono, not the best but i guess thats my fault for just blindly ordering it, so i cant really check the consistency of streams)

tested the chrono on my old ego 7, was about +/- 3 fps, which was about right so i trust the chrono on the most part

put the same barrel on the Chrome.2, same tank, same paint, everything

and it was seriously varying by up to 100fps.

took the reg apart, gave it a clean, cleaned the bolt, re-lubed it and checked the orings

backed the FPS down to 0, so i could chrono it whilst increasing, got it to roughly 285 (but it can be anywhere from 270 to 300, which is absolutely unbarable for what i was expecting to be such a good gun, with a few spooners which just roll out the barrel sometimes)

and now theres also a slight hissing noise coming from the bolt, if you stick your ear in the breach, this may be a leak, im just not sure

i cant check the consistency on a steam, but i can just watch with my eyes and it isnt good, its not just inaccurate, its insane, the shots are even varying hugely left and right (which doesnt even make sense to me), but the spread from about 12 ft away is 10-12 inches.... thats just useless

theres no way this gun is just THAT bad when its working, given that ive heard such good things from it

Cant really just bin it given that it was so expensive, and cant sell it on since it seems to be broken to me (and im not going to lie)...

and since i havent had any replies from Chrome themselves, i doubht sending it over to them for a service is in the cards

so ive just got to try and fix it... not the easiest job in the world since im used to ego's and this is all completely new to me

going to go check all the board settings and make sure they are on defaults

but anything anyone may know or even any ideas would be appreciated

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
The CP regs are shocking on this gun, nothing more simple really than drop a Dye hyper 3/4 on it will solve all the issues :cool:

Reactions: Sim

Sim

Jan 23, 2010
Liverpool
o_O

Its seriously that simple?

just go get a dye reg? (even though i usually quite hate those things >.>)

Sim

Jan 23, 2010
Liverpool
going to give the hyper reg a try once i can get my hands on one, and further inspect those orings

may buy some spares just to change them out anyway (havent got round to it yet since i havent even managed to use this gun since ive got it) and still need to find out the sizes

if the reg-idea works then ill become a plat member since it was an instant-fix idea from a mod :p

Sim

Jan 23, 2010
Liverpool
Most guns are good when they are "running right", but thats the challenging bit ;P

for me atleast >.<

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
If you are down CPPS this weekend, you can drop it off to me, give me a couple weeks and i will try and retify the problem for you. Wont cost you a penny unless it needs parts.
I also have a Hyper 3 reg here unused if you are wanting.

Reactions: Lump

Sim

Jan 23, 2010
Liverpool
but i wont be at cpps unfortunately

however thanks for the offer... always nice to see that the last few nice people on the planet are all playing paintball