Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Renting markers at walk on events?? Help please

Connor_pb

Nov 13, 2008
Hey guys, I used to own my own gear back in the day but ended up quitting as the marker I had never really worked properly (Won at point blank) which kind of ruined my experience and it put me off wanting to buy a decent, expensive marker.

Now it is time again where I feel as though I want to start up again (wahoo) but I am again very hesitant to buy a new marker in case its the same as last time, or in fact that I don't like the sport as much as I think I do.

Now the question that I have is that do these paintball venues allow you to hire out any decent tournament markers by any chance? Im really considering something around the Empire Axe level etc and would love to play with one before spending £200+ on one.

Does anyone know of anywhere that does that in the north east? (live in Manchester but can also play around the catterick area).

Thanks a lot.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
More 'premium' guns are not hired out at walkons
You would be able to go to a walkon and hire the site guns

However at a number of events traders do sometimes bring guns to lend out so you could find yourself playing with the newest model for free

The other option is to just ask a player if you can try their gun on the range, unless you're acting like a dick the answer will be yes more often then you may expect

NoobCannon

Aug 19, 2014
As above. Only ever seen site guns being rented on walk ons. But im sure you will still enjoy yourself untill you raise the funds for your own stuff!

Connor_pb

Nov 13, 2008
Oh yeah I assumed that was the case however thought that maybe certain places would.

Yeah, last time I played a few years back some guy I didn't even know saw me getting annoyed and let me use his PM8 for the day which was really nice of him, thats one thing I like about paintball... the community is awesome and everyone is helpful!

I guess that is an option but I would feel an absolute douche doing that aha, would feel really rude. I guess I could pay people to use their back up guns aha :D

Thanks for the replies.... I thought venues wouldn't but wanted to see in case aha! ;)