Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Return to paintball

JoeJr

Feb 15, 2006
Birmingham
So I last played paintball back when I was about 17 about 6 years ago (ish)

Now I'm in a better position to be able to play, travel money etc I wanna get back into it so few questions :).

Wanna play some speedball - I live in Leeds so are there any local sites where I could go train some tournament paintball? Looking to play some tourneys as well in the long run if I can find a team to go with.

Gear - I'm guessing planet eclipse & dye are still making the best markers? Wouldn't wanna buy brand new, hopefully wanna get a decent marker, hopper and tank for around 5/600?

Goggles as well, I've looked online and what are people's opinions on v force grillz vs i4s?

Been out of the game for a while, so cheers in advance for any help !

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
So I last played paintball back when I was about 17 about 6 years ago (ish)

Now I'm in a better position to be able to play, travel money etc I wanna get back into it so few questions :).

Wanna play some speedball - I live in Leeds so are there any local sites where I could go train some tournament paintball? Looking to play some tourneys as well in the long run if I can find a team to go with.

Gear - I'm guessing planet eclipse & dye are still making the best markers? Wouldn't wanna buy brand new, hopefully wanna get a decent marker, hopper and tank for around 5/600?

Goggles as well, I've looked online and what are people's opinions on v force grillz vs i4s?

Been out of the game for a while, so cheers in advance for any help !
Welcome back!

If you want my advice......buy a pair of Grillz, an Eclipse HDE jersey, Eclipse pack & Eclipse pants. All of those will set you back around £150, or even less if you shop around on here or FB.

Then, a tank & rotor will set you back another, say, £120 from the same sources. So you've spent around £270 by now, and you need a gun.

So, you could either buy the ETEK 5 a chap has for sale on here for £330 - it even has an OLED display, and it's virtually new,

That takes you to around £600. If you want to spend less on a gun, you could pick up an Etha for around £170 or less, so that brings you in around £440.

You might say I'm biased towards Eclipse, but their **** is good. I have all this stuff myself.

jasse

Aug 2, 2015
Don't spend too much on the gun right now.
You want a better gun in 1 or 2 years from now anyway ;-)

dextrus

I <3 Cheating!
Sep 3, 2006
Nr lincoln
There is a place to train at in Retford Nottinghamshire which won't be that far for you. Called urban paintball Bassetlaw.
Full millennium field there I train there most weekends.
Any questions ask.
Thanks dex

IVSHINOBIVI

Andrew Bandy
Aug 11, 2015
Raunds, Northants
www.inkeeping.com
Just my opinion on goggles. I have had both, and now I stick to the Grillz, the new HDR lenses are amazing.

And I find the Grillz a much comfier fit. See if someone at your local paintball will let you try theirs.

It is really down to personal preference, and which feels better for you.

Goggles are essentially the most important part of your gear. So make sure you get what is comfortable for you.

Trisy

May 4, 2004
Visit site
Recently got back into paintball after a 10 year absence myself and I was torn between the i4 and grillz.

Went for the grillz in the end and very happy with them, bought two pairs in fact.

Comfortable, lens change is easy and they have performed brilliantly thus far.

PS I think they look mean aswell.

blakey64

Jun 2, 2012
Have two Dye markers for sale
A Blue DM13 and a Red and Gold DM12
Will put some pictures up later along with prices