Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

RF harness issue

Joner

Brotherhood
Jul 31, 2005
Somerset, UK
Visit site
Hi guys, I bought a RF chip from Sloth with a harness, hoping it would work on my etek ego, but the two pin adapter is much bigger than the ones used on the etek, the plug simply wont fit into the solenoid socket on the board. I was wondering if there were any adapters or I may have to send it back.

I really dont want to solder and void my warrenty.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sam

EDIT: Just realised this is in the wrong place, could a mod move it please

Sorry :p

Robin Hood

Formerly Jermy
Feb 6, 2002
An island in the rain
I've heard that's the only harness that ships stock with the chip.

If you find someone who knows how to solder it really is just a 5 minute job, it's not too bad mate.

Robof9 on the boards might have a harness that fits, drop him a PM.

If you can't use your current harness and want to get rid of it, drop me a PM as I didn't get one with mine and would like to check it out.

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
What's the warantee standpoint by companies such as planet on fitting these RF doohickeys? I assume the second you touch your board with a soldering iron the cover on the electronics evaporates... Why draxxus don't make a simple pass-through adaptor for the ego solenoid jack is totally beyond me.

Stormtrooper32

stuck in a tech tent
Sep 23, 2006
on the paintball field
ok ladies lets take a minute to think, the rf chip does have a harness but it is just the first batch, smartparts is now putting a plug and play systeme on their boards, as will other manufactyres, but all in do course. as for soldering well the board warrenty goes out the window as soon as you upgrade it as you have to remove the stock board in the first place. i have on my dm5 with an ul frame the rf chip soldered on as it was the first in the uk, so wot now? my gat wrks the same as it did before no prob, if it goes wrong well its down to me, right? but for the benifits i think its worth it in time there will be provisions on the origional board but DraXxus only install the chip by #1 the ownerr wants it done #2 only people properly trained to do so will do it the best person to talk to bout this subject is spike- procaps euro team manager, all you worries will be set straight. on a side note the pulse can be used without the chip installed, in pulse mode- where the loader pulses so if u have one and are worried bout the board then use it that way until it is confermed by manufacturer. just remember at world cup in orlando the chips were being installed onsite by DraXxux staff. hope this helps and feel free to contact myself or spike if you have any queriories on the pulse and rf chip :D in closing the pulse ripps in either mode so dont worry too much

Tomc NSPL

Aug 31, 2006
Ok peeps, i finally had the balls to do it to my lovely PM6 with UL Frame.

Turned the board over, and thought to myself, 'f**k that for a game of soliders' the two pins on the board where u solder the wires too, have about a millimeter or two of distance between each other.

So i cut the solinoid or noid as some of u tech heads on ere call it and did a three way soldering joint.
Anyways after all the hassel of wire stripping, soldering and heat shrinking i was ready to turn the baby on and c if i had blown up a £90 board or not.

Thankfully it ll worked, great i thought, until i came to putting the grip back on!!!

s**t the chips too big for the grip

So theres me, sanding the inside of my grip, to make neough room for the chip:mad:

3 hours later everyting was completed and my gat nd hopper where in sync :)