Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

RIP Rushers???? Team England for good...

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Just an added observation

Originally posted by Beaker
In the US teams go to great lengths to train and practice with each other for whole weekends (simple example is beginning of PUSH were they are training together before the Cup) They help each other out in that respect which strenthens the whole scene.
In this neck of the woods the fact that various teams regularly play each other for practice isn't a function of everybody getting along in one big painballin' family. There are always teams and players that don't like certain other teams and players for tons of "reasons" but doesn't stop teams from scrimmaging each other or from the travel required. It's not uncommon for teams at every level of play to travel two/three hours normally to get in a decent practice.
I guess I'm saying that yep, this is something you probably ought to be doing. If you can get along well enuf to show up at the same place at the same time, get thru some games without too much bloodshed who cares whether you like each other or not?

Giles

Jul 17, 2001
Buckingham Palace
Visit site
I Love this thread so much, I have blood pissing from my mouth for 4 hours and look like I have been smacked in the face
and theres some great stuff

Nick you missed the party with this one, you are abit of a browner at times as well, join in the thread and stop bigging people up you gain no points in this one for it

Guys

Russell will openly talk and practice against most teams out there
I feel I am able to speak for Russell and say he will not have anything to do with Pete though

let me tell you one little bit of information about the Xball thing as food for thought from Shockwave as we were then

we have elected captains in the UK that play with you as a team, our first selection process revolved around getting every captain at a meeting in the UK to discuss a away that we all could start a play off process, we also wanted to have a democratic vote by all captains to decide who should coach and captain the team from a squad of people that decided they wanted to stand for the position
Now the reason for this is all the team could vote to there captain who they thought was best qualified to do this job best,we then have a democraticlly voted person who we could get behind who gotthe job by right and not deception

Play offs great it was always the intended option, but open to all, and of every level and every team, time to put down any old grugdes and play it up front

Beaker lets cover it again and please send me your mail adress, or is there a way of doing it from here uuuhhh

>>What I was trying to say is that earlier posts in this thread have given the impression that these guys may be our only hope of competing with the yanks. I personally think they are the best (which is just my opinion and I admit I'm biased) but what I would really like is for them to be one of 3 or 4, all of which are up there. The Tigers are on their way but by your own admission Shock have struggled, Backlash have gone to Am (which I fully understand), OutKasts are a bit of an unknown.

Yes I agree with most of this, but yes you are biased and it does come through, as we are talking of an unknown qty again time will tell, same said about shockwave all the time, and we did silence the odd critic along the way

The Tigers are on there way up but have still not achieved a portion of what shockwave have so lets hold out until that happens shall we

WE used to practice against several teams when I played with Shockwave, there was always a difficulty practising against
banzai coz of the miles involved, but I didnt think tigers practised like that, dunno

Again the best way it to call each other up

And I will go back to my original comments I do not think that this new team has it, and I am not biased in any shape or form, they may get it but not with Peter thats all

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Giles

Either click on the "email me" bit under each of my posts - or click on the PM icon on each post. either will get to me.

I freely admit I'm biased to this team, never tried to hide it and I would have thought it's as understandable as you're opinion of Shock has to be biased in some way. Nothin' bad, just observation.

One point I'm trying to make is that whatever you think of Pete, if the players he has on the squad believe in the strength of the squad and him and his methods, then does it actually matter? Jack/Ledz/Chris/Toye/Truter/Junior/Bowen/Jamie/Wayne/Tom are no mugs and they had to have thought there is something in this to ALL leave their teams even though we did so badly (on paper) at Xball.

In the end, if Shock and Tigers and all the others have to work that little bit harder to get to call themselves the best UK team then that can only be good.

Giles

Jul 17, 2001
Buckingham Palace
Visit site
Sorry Nick but you allways need that little push to come off the fence and it worked
Both TJ and Buddha didnt take the bait but I new you were in the mood, accept my apology for getting you wriled and writing some start again to the thread

Lets pick through your post

I AM A "browner" ????? well your not English thank god

That's both a laugh and a first !

(I am not proud of pissing people off BTW, it just happens when my temper gets the better of me)

>>>I have been saying this was the way forward for Brit paintball for two years - even in published PGI articles - so that someone else has finally seen the light gives me very little reason so suck up......... but I ofcourse give credit for making a right descision.

MMM, along with all the other ideas and opinions for who is not very good, keep that one close to my chest

>>>Incidentally - YOU seem to be doing very little but attempting to settle old scores and polish Shockwaves halo in here - so sweep before your own door, before you go accusing me of having alterior motives.

I am not a Shockwave player Nick why do I have to polish there Halo they are grown men and will do it for themselves if they see fit
Old scores, lies, settle old scores with who, you must be reading different threads, polish halos, a few players in Europe I would polish but not many, freinds do not need polish
(I was going to say get some)but that would be rude

>>>I though better of you Giles..... Bill called you the second best player in Europe for a reason......

I know he always thought better of Phil than he did of me, but he preferd me to Pete though.LOL.

I have been trying to discuss the principle matter of whether this "team England" thing will work or not - and having a different oppinion than you, does not call for you slagging me off with cheap inuendo.

As above

>>I guess I'll just put it down to too many painkillers. unfortnately not but I could really do with getting hammered tonight

If you want to know why Shovkwave - or any other Euro Pro team - can't hack it at top level, I'll tell you:

Too many people, are too fond of playing with their good-for-northing-no-game mates, and to disinterested in making it to the big time.

>>Shockwave could have picked up all the best talent in the UK last year, when you were on a roll...... and been the driving force behind this thing, but you missed the boat !

You can really tell you are not English Nick, we dont work like that and never will,its our way i am sorry to say, most of us put up with each other though

There - am I still brown nosing ?

Sorry if I touched a real raw nerve on that one, you need some drink with me I think

Is thatthe same for all Euro teams Nick as we are not that far apart compared to the US teams, perhaps if you got some backing behind you , you may get a Euro team off the ground and I wish you luck strange choice in your earlier thread spend some time chatting with the russkies they are pretty interesting people with some good VODKA

Nick

TJ 2

Sep 9, 2001
Visit site
Wow - lotsa people here are TALKING a really good training regime and a new spirit of togetherness - now what y'all gonna DO about it, cos Nik's right, Europe whups your ass right now, but y'all have got more players.

And I also think Nik's right when it comes to ruthlessness - you need it, and all tha guys who went with Robo showed they had it be putting self-interest above their existing teams cos they all really want to compete at tha highest level and believe this, rightly or wrongly, is their best shot at tha big time.

So are tha other UK Pros carrying players and not being ruthless enough?

TJ 2

Sep 9, 2001
Visit site
More food for thought

The consensus of opinion seems to be training against other top teams = good, training amongst your own team, which is what I believe Robo is advocating = bad.

Well, tha latter works for tha Russkies - tiny talent pool, big results. Hell, it was their B team that just took second at Campaign...

And from what I understand from talking to Robo, his slavish adherence to tha merits of technoball is no more - he sees a new game and a new way of playing it. Time will tell if he's right I guess.

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Robbo's boys just did very well up at STR. They came second to the Kelly's (who were awesome all weekend only losing one game!)

There is certainly a phenomenal amount of talent in those guys!!! (and I know the potential Team name...) Every player on there can be a game breaking player. Some serious talent.

Jack pulled a game out of oblivion against the Rushers in the semi final, Tom Pembleton took runs down the centre of the field in Lasoya type fashions (as did Chris Edwards) and they certainly looked to be getting it together.

Once the rest of the squad moves over from the Rushers (RIP) it's going to be impressive.

TJ, how do you know it was the Russian Legion's 'B team' that took second at Campaign. It's a very similar group of guys that have been playing all the events... Sergei wasn't there but many of the regulars were.

manike

cjohns

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2001
Griffin, GA, USA
Good to hear that the new squad is taking off well. I am anxious to see what happens in the future... Any hint on this team name Manike???