The Home Of European Paintball

Ripclip or hopper with speed feed?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I
should i get a ripclip or a hopper with speed feed for my bt4?

thanks
I don't entirely understand the question - you can speedfeed a standard hopper or a ripclip hopper
The speedfeed is a replacement hopper lid where instead of opening the lid you pour paint onto the lid, the balls drop through the segmented lid, but it does not open outwards so paint should stay in even if you turn the market upside down
(I have a speed feed on one of my x7 hoppers)

A standard hopper goes in the feedneck, a rip clip like the cyclone feed fits to the marker and accepts a wide necked gravity hopper.

With the feedneck you can use any gravity, electric agitated or force fed hopper
With the rip clip the hopper just holds paint and the rip clip itself force feeds the marker
If the standard hopper is in your way or line of sight then the ripclip also helps with this by relocating the hopper down and to the side

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
You could go either way
The ripclip is reputable and is modded to fit a number of other markers
It's also a preference of Gommie and features in many of his custom builds which is a recommendation in itself

The rotor is also highly reputable. But it is effectively a top of the range hopper, the BT won't put it to its best use, but that does not mean you should not get a good hopper for the future

The ripclip gets fitted to the marker (it can be removed later) but a standard feedneck hopper can be moved between markers. A good alternate is the Halo 2
If you are ready to try a rotor and get one second hand then you can probably sell it quickly for the same price you paid, they are always in demand

Depending on the type of paintball you like, if you would consider a clear paint game at some point then try to get hold of a sound activated halo 2, this will work with any clear paint and any of the few markers that won't cope with clear paint

If you are inclined to go onto speedball style play then a ripclip will be limited to what it can be fitted to (unless you do some serious modding yourself)

Reactions: Adamhenders

Evil Rich

Platinum Member Lifetime PMGWC #101
May 22, 2008
Northumberland
Get a 'normal' hopper such as a Rotor/Halo etc, means when you get a different marker you can still use it on them.

You will get a different marker, it's paintball law that you gun whore :D

MajorFaff

Sep 4, 2012
Personally I'd get the rip clip if you do scenario play with the BT4. If you also do tournament (or just tournament) I'd get a decent regular hopper as the rip clip is not good for right side bunkers, and 'probably' not so gentle on tournament grade paint which is more fragile than scenario paint in general.