The Home Of European Paintball

roller sear?

Wookie

Grumpy Sys*****
Simple...

Pros:

1) It's a nice piece of tech that makes the sear release feel very smooth
2) It's a quality piece of handmade kit
3) You don't have to spend hours polishing your normal sear to get a smooth release

Cons:

1) It's a bit pricey
2) A lot of people say that you can get the same effect by hand polishing a normal sear or something like the AKA one

Only way is to find a marker with one on and compare it with one that hasn't.

Wookie

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Doesn't the Rokkit Eclipse Blade Samurai Ninja Kungfu thingy trigger need a sear?

Anyway, one of the good points of a roller sear, I thought, is the fact that there's hardly any wear, cuz it rollz innit?

Does the existence of these things, and the fact they are handmade mean there's actually some poor ******* somewhere ho tells his mates: Oi makez theze gubbinz wot gorra lil rolly type bally thingy in em, an oi putz da lil bally type thingies in......

Just a thought......

Wookie

Grumpy Sys*****
Easy!!

I've met the guy that makes them (he helped Keith Belsey mod my mini cocker) and he's a really nice chap.

Mind you, the sight of him sitting at his desk with a bucket-load of parts to put together is enough to make a weaker-willed man quail. I'd have gone slightly lobster after a few, but he just sits there with his emery cloth finishing them by hand.

Amazing.

Wookie

p.s. They do mean less wear on the sear/hammer and they do make you trigger pull lovely and smooth.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
hey John!

will a cocker with the eclipse blade trigger benefit from a roller sear though? (not because of a smoother action, just because of the wear and tear) I'd like to know, since I'm considering getting an eclipse cocker as a second marker. (got a new job, and money to burn.......heehee)

J-doe

Jul 8, 2001
Manchester
Visit site
I've spoken to Jack Woods to try and get to answer to your question.

I asked him to keep it brief but Jack being Jack just went on one and I left wishing i'd never got involved.

Performance wise you wouldn't really see much of a difference if you used a Rokit with a roller sear. Jack said the roller sear makes the trigger return a bit to soft and can make it a little more difficult to fire. Some people may be able to fire it well though.

As for wear and tear the roller sear probably would be helpful. But only a tiny bit , because it is a different trigger action.

It's down to personal choice. If you already have a cocker with a roller sear and are upgrading to the Eclipse Rokit you'll have to make a chioce. If you are buying an Eclipse cocker with Rokit, it probably isn't worth the extra money buying the roller sear as well.

Hope this helps