Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Rotor or Spire?

M4rkm93

You stay classy!
Sep 13, 2012
Coventry
Personally I don't like the RDR looks kinda crappy. Seems like a lot of extra bulk and weight, kinda looks like a rugby ball. XD

I've used both a rotor and a spire and I love the spire. Spire has a higher capacity, great on reballs plus it comes with a lifetime warranty. Rotor is a great hopper but sucks or feeding reballs.

Worr Monger

Service Guarantees Citizenship
Jan 6, 2014
Bournemouth
I shall have to check out the spire and RDR but i'm swaying towards the spire as it looks great and has the higher capacity.

Pandamonium

Oct 10, 2012
as long as the reballs are in good nick you can use any loader with them. I like rotors and spires but if i had the money I would go spire.

Pandamonium

Oct 10, 2012
rotors are pretty indestructible though I would throw a rotor around a lot more than i would a spire. I would also trust a rotor a lot more around water than a spire.

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
rotors are pretty indestructible though I would throw a rotor around a lot more than i would a spire. I would also trust a rotor a lot more around water than a spire.
Both are significantly more durable than old style hoppers like the vlocities, halos etc... Both are thrown around my kit bag and neither suffered!

Re: water, given all the flood alerts, that is probably important! ;)

But seriously the internals are not in jeopardy, but the programming logic on the virtue is superior IMHO. I even had the virtue board in a couple of rotors. Field stripping is probably quicker with the rotor, but the spire it is easier to switch between speedfeed and lid!

Pandamonium

Oct 10, 2012
Both are significantly more durable than old style hoppers like the vlocities, halos etc... Both are thrown around my kit bag and neither suffered!

Re: water, given all the flood alerts, that is probably important! ;)

But seriously the internals are not in jeopardy, but the programming logic on the virtue is superior IMHO. I even had the virtue board in a couple of rotors. Field stripping is probably quicker with the rotor, but the spire it is easier to switch between speedfeed and lid!
cant deny the speed feed point but i have literally poured water out of a a rotor, gave it a wipe down and it worked. I dont think a spire could do that. Also they look like a trainer

Worr Monger

Service Guarantees Citizenship
Jan 6, 2014
Bournemouth
I have had no problems with my rotor yet.
Nice and sturdy.
It's probably like markers, some people like one thing better than another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk