The Home Of European Paintball

Rotor or Spire?

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
paintball.moose-shack.com
Spire. Best loader on the market.

Rotor is too heavy - Spire is so much lighter, holds more and works flawlessly. However, the Spire NEEDS the spring ramp - shouldn't have to pay extra for it!

Pulse RDR - would avoid like the plague. Too many people with issues.

STONESOLDIER

Planet Eclipse
Mar 4, 2007
Manchester, Stretford
Spire. Best loader on the market.

Rotor is too heavy - Spire is so much lighter, holds more and works flawlessly. However, the Spire NEEDS the spring ramp - shouldn't have to pay extra for it!

Pulse RDR - would avoid like the plague. Too many people with issues.
Companies have to make money WildWayz the spring ramp is a perfect money maker

Reactions: Canon Fodder

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
paintball.moose-shack.com
If you're not already making plenty of money on a 9 volt motor, a pcb and 400 grams of plastic at £150 you're doing something wrong......
You're forgetting patent fees ;) When I was talking to the Virtue guys at PBE, they said there is even a patent for the size of the feedneck hole!

As for the spring ramp thing Stoney - without it, the loader is unusable, in my opinion as you get way too many balls in the nose of the loader. When I went from a Rotor to a Spire, I almost returned the Spire for a refund due to this. Thankfully, the spring ramp just came out so I whacked it in there and all was good again :) I don't mind extras being sold at all but I honestly feel the spring ramp is essential and should be stock.

Reactions: Canon Fodder

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Ah yes patents - although I'm sure if there really is one applying to the size of the feedneck hole it could be successfully challenged under prior examples, or whatever it's called, there was home made hoppers before comercial ones were available.