Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

rotor vs spire?

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
There are always pro's and con's to everything.
It is what suits you, your own personal preference, unless ofcourse like Pinchaaaay said, down to which sponsorship.

Reactions: Pinchaaaay!

Natexxo

Aberdeen University Paintball Society (AUPS)
Dec 27, 2012
Aberdeen
While I've never tried a Spire their low form factor and appearance do make me want to give them a go. On the other hand, my first and only hopper has been a rotor and that thing is damn indestructible.. I know every other part of my equipment will probably give up before my rotor does (and it's a Gen 1!). To address a comment earlier as well, we train with reballs at the uni and almost all of us have rotors, we've never had any serious issues, so don't let that put you off!

At the end of the day it's down to what you can afford, what you can access and what personally suits you!

Pinchaaaay!

London Nexus - #77
Well, from a DYE sponsored player. My loyalties will clearly lie with the Rotor. However, i have been sponsored by Virtue and have played with the Spire. It was very good yes, small, tight and performed 'ok' But with the option to set sensitivity etc, it made life a little bit too complicated. I had instances of it not feeding when i needed it. (Being an aggitated feeder and not constant) It has it's pros and cons. But, without unbias, the Rotor has been at the forefront of loader design since its creation. It has been in virtually everybody's kitbag at one time and only biased haters will hate on it. It might be slightly bigger and heavier than the spire. But not by much. However, it's simplicity and bomb proof operation means it is a top end loader with low end ease of use. For me, i would choose the Rotor. due to it never letting me down, easy to strip, performs flawlessly with any ball, under any conditon and feeds a constant stream allowing consistent shooting lanes.

Reactions: Adam Axford