Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

royalties?

SYTRAXZ

Sytraxz Graphics inc.
Feb 18, 2002
New York
does the original 6 or 8(which ever number it was) guys who invented the sport of paintball get their roaylites? i heard it started when 6 or 8 guys played capture the flag with airsoft co2 powered pellet guns. do they all get millions for starting the sport or just the fact that they are the fathers of it? i was just currious.... any of u know?

Robin Hood

Formerly Jermy
Feb 6, 2002
An island in the rain
I doubt it.
I think that to get royalties you have to have patented an idea or product. If someone then goes and infringes on your idea and uses it without your permission, then they have to pay you royalties on the cost or profit of each one made. I think this can be something along the lines of from 2 - 10%
I doubt that Bob Gurnsey ever patented the sport! He be pretty damn rich if he got paid every time someone played it - or even got a fraction of a cent for every paintball fired!! :D

I may be wrong on the patent thing, so if anyone wishes to correct me.

SYTRAXZ

Sytraxz Graphics inc.
Feb 18, 2002
New York
hmmmm

hmmmm i guess ur right he would be pterry rich. people who watch startrek are trekies and people who play paintball are ballers so i guess like the trekies u would call the highest ranking person being that Bob Gurnsey 'the one(s)'