Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Running Off The Break

Xtrovert

Oct 28, 2007
Hey guys, just a quick question..
What do you think is the best way to run off the break, i might be playing front next season and i need to know a way to get when i need to go fast.
When I saiy this i mean by just running with out shooting, do i like hold mym finger on trigger so i dont accidently shoot or just hold the grips :S

Cheers Alex

Reactions: Mason Dann

Will L

CUCKING FUNT
Apr 21, 2007
Just sprint to your bunker and keep low (as you will be playing front/snake), as long as you have a tight grip on your gun so it doesnt fly out your hands it doesnt matter where you have your finger around the trigger (while your running/sprinting). Although you may find if you have your finger on the trigger when running it can slip and let off shots, especially when you dive (so I would recommend putting it on the trigger guard and not the trigger). Once you get to your bunker just put your finger on the trigger again. Simple:)

Personally I sprint with my finger on the trigger guard because of the reasons mentioned above. But its your call.

Stencil

pew pew
Sep 8, 2006
Yorkshire.
Hold the trigger and grip as hard as you can. Only pump with one hand and try to keep other the still. If you running left, hold your marker in your left hand and vica versa. However, if your sprinting quite far (e.g. 50, Snake) you should just get there quick as possible, disregarding which hand your marker is in.

You can also run behind other bunker, using them as cover between you and your primary. This prevents you get caught by a stream of paint out in the open.

Running off the break isn't just all about where to run and the speed of it. Your team need to shoot out the oppositions sweet-spotters, allowing you to be in less danger.

Learn to dive too.

Kat

I'm a love Albatross.
Aug 18, 2006
Carlisle/ Leeds
I play back so I;m not sure if it apply's as much, but I always get told to really pump my arms when I'm running and as you get closer if you can get your non gun hand up to the side of your face because bounces are more likely off your hand than off your gogs.

If this doesn't apply the same to front players than ignore me, but I cant see why it wouldnt. :D

Katx

Jon C

Do you play with balls?
Feb 1, 2005
Whore house
www.ontargetpaintball.co.uk
1foot in front of the other is a normal way of running. :D

For a start, use your gun as an extension hold it in 1 hand and reach as far as you can with the barrel still touching the start gate. You may as well be that extra foot or two closer to where you need to be.

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
I play back so I;m not sure if it apply's as much, but I always get told to really pump my arms when I'm running and as you get closer if you can get your non gun hand up to the side of your face because bounces are more likely off your hand than off your gogs.

If this doesn't apply the same to front players than ignore me, but I cant see why it wouldnt. :D

Katx
More important to see what the other team is upto... Keep your head up and facing the other team ideally; if you're supermanning into a bunker; you are coming up blind, anything you can see before that is thusly a bonus.

Bounces off of hands as opposed to goggs is a poor excuse for not being able to see what's going on.

...os so I was taught :) ;)

tommy"the gun"webb

So Manc mafia
Sep 26, 2005
+1 HQ
i practice EVERY time i go up the stairs.....it lets you find your best set off technique . make sure you keep changing your teqniquie untill you notice an 'ease' of taking off as the hardest part is getting the 11 stone of body moving....!

and NO OFFENCE(seriously im not here to flame) to the guy who posted a pic but that looks like a perfect way to stumble and get your self a nice core sample, now i always teach people to keep their barrel up preventing your marker coming into contact with the ground (not to keep it clean but to prevent you from getting tangled up with it.)
also a tip to rember is if your running left then hold the gun in your left and vice versa
if i were to show you how i do it then this is it, its not perfect but ive changed quit alot since then , like i keep my head up on the lanes.

http://mattpritchard.co.uk/gallery.php?set=PA2K6R2
just scroll down.....!

bryan

walker-texas-ranger
Oct 22, 2001
south cambs
Visit site
11 stone r u amidget? or 15?:D
i assume by playin front u r naturally quick? either that or your team mates hate u!
do whatever it takes to get to the barricade as quickly as possible. sprinters start low as possible with bent legs and back tis will alow a spring action when u kick off and start moving. kats hand to the face thing is a good trick but get the running thing down first:cool: