Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Running Off The Break

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
practice makes perfect. get on a patch of grass with yer marker (barrel sock on) and practice from a standing start to a set position. i find the GAME ON and then me reacting to it is my biggest downfall.

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
practice makes perfect. get on a patch of grass with yer marker (barrel sock on) and practice from a standing start to a set position. i find the GAME ON and then me reacting to it is my biggest downfall.
i thought that until i saw a vid of me playing and the delay was not noticable.
...think just that when adrenaline is pumping every millisecond is like a decade

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
Diving will be the big one if you're playing forward. If you're superman-ing then remember to keep your marker-hand palm-up to avoid "taking a core sample" (<<<I like that one). There're a bunch of threads on that though. I might suggest digging a little toe-hole at the start gate to prevent face-planting right off the gate (as I did on my debut tourney match, taking down my teammate in the process), or get some cleats for grip if you haven't got any. Zealous sprinting doesn't mix with smooth shoes, mud, and oily paint!

-C0L1N-

-East Coast NV-
Nov 30, 2007
Aberdeen!!
The best way to stop accidentaly pulling the trigger while running is by actually pulling the trigger at the start gate (this obviously makes the marker shoot 1 ball) but then keep the trigger held down.

This is the most comfy way to run while holding the marker. As grips are designed for your fingers to be on the trigger. :)

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
The best way to stop accidentaly pulling the trigger while running is by actually pulling the trigger at the start gate (this obviously makes the marker shoot 1 ball) but then keep the trigger held down.

This is the most comfy way to run while holding the marker. As grips are designed for your fingers to be on the trigger. :)
All depends on how your electronics work, on one of my guns that will turn the eyes off after 2 seconds, on another that will override the eyes and fire a clearing shot after 1 second.

Personally I seem to have no problem running without holding the trigger in a death grip, though I prefer to shoot off the break anyway, rarely is it that I make a dash for a bunker from game on, I just like to give the opposition a world of paint to cope with and move up the field behind my gun.

JAYDB

www.northernquarterpb.com
Dec 9, 2005
manchester,
Hey guys, just a quick question..
What do you think is the best way to run off the break, i might be playing front next season and i need to know a way to get when i need to go fast.
When I saiy this i mean by just running with out shooting, do i like hold mym finger on trigger so i dont accidently shoot or just hold the grips :S

Cheers Alex
hold your gun and run

rusty56

cover your eyes and run
Feb 21, 2007
UK , Nottingham
watch a few pro vids and just focus on the front players.
always walk the feilds beforehand make sure you know where you are goin and if sliding know at what point it would be best so with the adrenaline you dont under or over slide

i mostly play up front and use a mix on techniques depending on what sort of move im making for example from the standerd sprinting brake out pose (crouched down looking forward, see vids) and as said above if your going left have the marker in your left hand etc, if im goin to be sliding in to my bunker say the snake i will i focus on that bunker, as for watching the opponent its not your job your priority is to get to you bunker alive and always asume that there will be a line of paint on your bunker stay as low as poss and get that dive right.
off the brake i have always pumped with my marker hand, its is easyer to get it back up when you make ur bunker if your not diving.

if im not diving from the brake then i usaly move out (left or right) then move up towards the bunker and then, yes you get a better view of the opponent and can gun n run.

hope it helps jack

tommy"the gun"webb

So Manc mafia
Sep 26, 2005
+1 HQ
^^^^^^^ fedorov, russian legion world cup nxl finals...(i was in the vip room in the sky,"gently brushing off shoulders").....makes a move to the snake, dives and shoots someone out mid air......GOD....!....head up......then you know where and what to shoot when you do pop up....!

phoenix pete

paintballing karteka
Jan 12, 2008
long strides and pump your arms is my advice, as for looking you have 2 choices, keep low and try to supprise you opponents, ot keep your head up and see where they are, pros and cons with both so depends on playing stlye.

if you get to run past a bunker on the way to yours then little trick is to duck as you enter it, as long as you notice where your opponents are before and after it works, and some of them may be fooled into thinking your behind that one not the other!!

THE CHAIRMAN

Jun 4, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
One tip I found really good which I do even when playing back, is get as low as you can at the start gate, one leg as far back as you can get it, and one dug into the ground. The marker would be held in one hand, stretched back to touch the gate so your body is also low down.

This means you get an extra foot or so of distance, you're almost in a sprinter position, so you can push off really fast, AND you're starting off in a low position, so you kinda fall/run all the way to your bunker, if you know what I mean :p .. You'll present a smaller target.

Since you're not shooting, hold the marker pointing towards your bunker, (so when you swing your arms, the mass pushes you that way) Also hold it in the opposite hand to the side of your body facing the other team, to prevent breaks, AND so it's in the right hand to shoot during your run if necessary.