Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

running+shooting

Discussion in 'Gold Board' started by smalltimeganster, Nov 27, 2002.

1. JoseDominguez New cut and carved spine!

JoseDominguez
    Message Count:
    Who the hell was I aiming at then? I should drunk less.
    Definately see you on the 19th, should be cool.

Guess who I'm playing at Star-Wars.

2. Richard Kirke (DUPS Rocket) UK Comic Relief

Richard Kirke (DUPS Rocket) UK
    Message Count:
    An Ewok

Do the imperial storm troopers have to spray paint near the heros without ever having a chance to hit them? Maybe make them run whenever they shoot ;)

Richard

3. JoseDominguez New cut and carved spine!

JoseDominguez
    Message Count:
    Nah, they have to advance in a clump at a slow jog, firing just behind the rebels as they run away.

4. NulodPBall New Member

NulodPBall
    Message Count:
    Hey, if you're going to make fun of shooting scenes in movies how about the latest Star Trek movie. I came straight from practice to watch Wharf (sp?) step full bodied into the corridor filled with enemy fire, fire from the hip, eliminate a shooter, then step back in untouched...oh well, we don't get into scenario games much over here...

oh, to stay on topic: Klingons apparently can't run and shoot at the same time...can Ewoks?

Ray

5. JoseDominguez New cut and carved spine!

JoseDominguez
    Message Count:
    That's because stormtroopers and klingons are covered by the "henchman" rule, as is anyone firing at Arnie, Tom Cruise or James Bond. They are physically incapable of actually hitting anything but strategically placed computer monitors and bottles behind a bar etc...

6. Richard Kirke (DUPS Rocket) UK Comic Relief

Message Count:
    Its called plot armour. Some RPG systems actually include it in the stats!

Go on then Ian, who are you playing in the SW game?

Richard

7. JoseDominguez New cut and carved spine!

JoseDominguez
    Message Count:
    Me sa? mmmmmm

8. Richard Kirke (DUPS Rocket) UK Comic Relief

Message Count:
    Nooooooooooooooooooo

Not that CGI b***********

Mesa thinks that youza gonna get painted...

Richard

9. Philip Whip it out..

Philip
    Message Count:
  10. Problem New Member

Problem
    Message Count:
    Not so much threadjacked as postnuked

If the real topic is still conscious, I think there's some confusion about running versus moving. Running can involve a slightly decreased profile, maybe even knees bent, and still maintain a speed between a dash and a jog. But when we start taking about creating a semi-stable or ANY platform to shoot off, raising your arms immediately brings so many new variables to play that accuracy is nonexistent. On the other hand, moving (much slower than running) and shooting, whether at a jog or fast walk, can be very accurate.

Now I tried one trick for all out running with shooting that has some potential. Get into your running profile off the break (crouched, constipated and bladder-control-style knees together) with marker up.
    Don't shoulder the marker as your body's motion is going to knock every shot into orbit, hold it just a bit forward.
    Focus more on the forward motion than shooting.
    As you run, you'll be lowering and lifting yourself. This is because you are lower in the stride but taller when the leg in contact with the ground is directly under you.
    If you can counteract that cycle by slightly lifting your aim in the stride and slightly lowering it when the power leg is under you, you do increase your shooting consistency. Matching the cycle of marker movement to your own run takes some practice.

Accurate? Anyone who claims they can shoot accurately at a full speed run is either not realizing that they're slowing to aim/stabilize/shoot or they're bragging.

As we all know, there's no bragging in paintball.
    Larry