Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

running+shooting

Discussion in 'Gold Board' started by smalltimeganster, Nov 27, 2002.

1. NulodPBall New Member

NulodPBall
    Message Count:
    Larry: That's cool, if you'll be shooting immediately. I generally don't shoot 'til I'm about halfway to my target if it's off the break. If the game's already on, and I see someone scoot into a bunker that I can get an angle on if I move forward, if I can I'll start creasing the bunker to keep them tucked in and maybe get them to face the other way, check to see if anyone can shoot me as I move, then as I'm firing, I'll scoot into my new bunker, hopefully immediately tagging the target on the pack/butt/foot or mask/gun if he's still facing me. Sometimes, if the bunker bulges out a little, I won't crease the "bulge" where his gun would be, I'll crease the "crack" which is the overhang where his feet would show if he's not careful. You'd be surprised, sometimes you can lift the bunker a little, just enough to make him more worried about avoiding your balls and he has less of a chance picking you up as you move. All this assumes of course that you didn't move into a lane that one of his other teammates happened to be looking down as you move...how do I know I can get an angle on him? Walk the field :)

Ray :cool:

2. Problem New Member

Problem
    Message Count:
    Loving things full of air

We've been also mentioning when to shoot off the break. Alot of talk goes on about your field role (where you need to get to off the break) plus your area of suppression (the area on the other side that you're to watch / shoot at / attack) equals when you start shooting and where your shots go. I'd suggest a different option.

The size of the field (end to end) determines when you start to shoot and your assigned area of dominance (whether you're pushing one side to gain dominance for your team or suppressing one area to suppress dominance of the other team) determines your lanes of fire. For a small field, 70 percent of your people (7 out of 10, 5 out of 7 and 4 out of 5) should be shooting at the break within the first few steps. Then their field role (where they need to get to) should determine how long they shoot with those close enough to their bunkers shooting longer. This is why you'll have mid and front players opening up very early to give backers time to get into command positions, with the fronts cease-firing early to peel out and the mids carrying the brunt of the breakout fire.

For middle-sized fields (shots can reach the far side), 50 percent shooters off break. (Remember, the higher number of shooters is because you're achieving three things - keeping them from getting where they want, keeping them from shooting with immunity at you, and maybe a lucky hit. You've got lots of time and people at the start of a game to try to really hurt the other side where that's not always so true later.) Front guys leave really early, mid guys and command guys take advantage of the pause when the other side is scrambling into cover to get into their own bunkers.

For big fields, no shooters, just rocket ... but open up long before you get to your cover as they may not be able to move and shoot. For some this means getting to a protected zone that has a decent-sized bunker further up providing some protection. For quicker smaller players this means shooting out in the open and then diving down far short of your destination and then crawling in.

Something we did poorly last year was opening up as soon as we were into cover. I spent hours practicing shooting at the beginning of my slide into a bunker until I could get a good volley off all the slide. You want to either open up fully as soon as you can all the way to empty, or cross your bunker to where someone isn't shooting at you and open up from there. Your choice when they swing to your location how much of a duel you want to make of it (some hard lessons for me on that one - more guts than brains).

Larry

3. Kevin MK Storm

Kevin
    Message Count:
    Storm pro are quite good at firing off the break, even their front players, one that stands out is justin, he says it is partly down to the way his X-mag is set up, it is well balanced and sits nicely in his shoulder,
    if anyone doesnt appreciate this skill then you obviously didnt see the storm/ thunder game on the draxxus field at campaign,
    all the storm players went out shooting, even the front players, some of these guys were making quite long runs as well, they shot 5 out of 7 on the break, the other two just got into there bunkers quickly with all the paint coming in, one guy got shot as soon as he got in and tried to come out, and the last guy was mugged, the game ended with flag hung in about 47 seconds.
    A nice tidy game. :)

4. weedave #0

weedave
    Message Count:
    Do you play for storm by any chance? :D

5. Kevin MK Storm

Kevin
    Message Count:
    I do but not the pro team, and thats how I know what they are capable of.