Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Safer>Fuel bottle

Spittlez

Nov 26, 2013
Is it true that the Safer bottles are Fuel bottles re branded?
Theirs currently a Safer bottle up for grabs on Flebay for £120 inc and I'm fairly tempted by it. The only thing that's making me hesitate is the fact that the same seller then has a "Gen 2" bottle which leads me to think that the £120 bottle is a Gen 1. Not quite sure what the differences are?
I want the best. So if the Fuel bottle is the best then I'll get that.
I'm not interested in the Stako bottles. Their 5 year life span puts me off a lot.

marzocchi1988

Mar 17, 2013
plymouth
No safer are not re branded fuel bottles. fuel bottles have a stainless steel liner and safer a pet liner. Dont bother with the earlier generation safer bottles had problems with the pet liner breathing, the new generation 4 bottles have sorted that and are mega light about 690 grams for the 1.2l bottle and its shorter than the 1.1l fuel bottle.

Spittlez

Nov 26, 2013
No safer are not re branded fuel bottles. fuel bottles have a stainless steel liner and safer a pet liner. Dont bother with the earlier generation safer bottles had problems with the pet liner breathing, the new generation 4 bottles have sorted that and are mega light about 690 grams for the 1.2l bottle and its shorter than the 1.1l fuel bottle.
So a 1.2l safer bottle is better? I was hoping for 1.5 in all honesty. What do you recommend I purchase though?3

STONESOLDIER

Planet Eclipse
Mar 4, 2007
Manchester, Stretford
The safer bottle is 100grams heavier than the fuel bottle

Both extremely light you just need to decide which you prefer as the safer bottle is obviously a little bigger in size

Spittlez

Nov 26, 2013
The safer bottle is 100grams heavier than the fuel bottle

Both extremely light you just need to decide which you prefer as the safer bottle is obviously a little bigger in size
Interesting! I might have to crack open the scales tomorrow and get a feel for how much 100 grams feels. I imagine it'll be nothing.
Whether it's worth the £50 extra for 100 grams lighter.
I'll see what happens.
I can't seem to find many sites that stock either bottle though?
Perhaps waiting for a second hand sale will be better.

outkastmike

CUMBRIA
Jan 26, 2004
Cumbria
facebook.com
I have had both and the Fuel bottle is for me is superior,it's more a less the same size of a standard 1.1ltr bottle and as said earlier it's got the steel liner as opposed of the pet liner of the safer bottle.

everybody I know who has tried out my Fuel bottle has ended up going out and buying one.

Reactions: Spittlez

marzocchi1988

Mar 17, 2013
plymouth
Safer bottle is exactly 40 grams heaveir than a fuel bottle, 650 grams for the fuel and 690 grams for the safer. You can get both from arsenal paintball. Personally I have just ordered a safer bottle with a new g3 reg just because I like a compact set up.

Last edited:

outkastmike

CUMBRIA
Jan 26, 2004
Cumbria
facebook.com
Safer bottles are currently on gen 4! o_O
I had the 1st gen ones that suffered from the outer layer blistering,thankfully mine never blistered but the fact that they had to be kept with pressure in them kinda worried me,especially when the innner core made creaking noises after i degassed it to post after i sold it.:eek: