Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Second hand prices (looking for first marker) - mini and axe

Gaz #68

Warped #68
May 14, 2010
Wolverhampton
GoG Sleek lube should be ok or any other Dow33 based one. Monkey Poo is supposed to be good and occasionally guys on here sell it, foot sometimes has some for sale.

Reactions: matj

matj

Mar 22, 2013
Thank you for that little nugget of information, a tip i wouldn't have known otherwise :) I'll keep a little air in there whenever its not in use.

I've found a scuba centre down the road that does £1 refills so I'm most certainly sorted for air, even when not at a site.

My mini is on its way but is second hand. I'm unsure if any lube etc is included but I'm expecting it to come without. If foot does have some and is selling some then I would be interested, The name of it did give me a giggle about a week ago when i first heard about it...and its supposed to work pretty well also :LOL:

I presume he gets notified of me tagging him into the thread? in which case if he has some he can get it contact, if he doesn't then all is well and ill order something else in at the end of the week :)

I will always have a barrel sock in my pocket and chuck it on as soon as i know I'm heading towards the safe area anyway. I wouldn't remove the tank without removing the hopper first either (checking for any remaining balls). As a final year law student i know all too much about safety...I don't fancy being on the end of a law suit for damages :)

Thank you for all your help,I'll keep my eyes open for a shock wave board...would be silly not to if they are that cheap! :LOL:

Reactions: P8ballfreak666

Gaz #68

Warped #68
May 14, 2010
Wolverhampton
No worries. you may have to ask your local shop to order a shockwave board in for you as not many hold them in stock by me and it took me around three months to get it ordered in.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Some good advice from P8ballfreak666, nice one mate.

matj I have a smart parts extender you can have if you send me your address. They dont make them any more! Im not even sure it functions (only cause I have no gun I need it on and cant test it), but if you want to give it a go, you would be more than welcome.

It screws into the Mini ASA, and you then screw the bottle into it. It has an on/off on the side of it. Might be worth changing the oring, but I cant see why it shouldnt work.

matj

Mar 22, 2013
I have been over the moon with all the info I have been given, an extremely nice community of members on this forum which has impressed me to no end :) saved me money and removed the chance of a lot of future problems...no complaints here :LOL:

I have found your mini thread Bolter covering every aspect of the marker which is brilliant. I've bookmarked it for reference and will use the videos etc as i need them. Excellent little guide.

I would appreciate the extender if you are happy to send it. how much would you like for it? :)

Thank you for all the help, cant wait for everything to get here so i can test it all out! :D

Reactions: Bolter

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
I've had a quick squint at this thread and to just chuck in some summed up opinions I have on the mini.

Tanks: high pressures work no problem at all. I fixed a mates mini earlier this week and whacked a HP tank on it and it worked perfectly. also used to play with a guy who used a low pressure one and it worked equally as well.

ASA: yes its a little bit of effort to get the tank off compared to an on/off. The way I do it is put the tank between my legs and twist the gun by hand, its no hassle at all. The thing is on/offs are good because it makes it easy but the only time it really becomes an advantage is if something goes wrong with your gun that requires you to take off the tank quickly in between games (burst oring or something). So apart from this you'll be putting your tank on at the start of the day, and taking it off at the end which isn't an issue at all.

Board: The lowest BPS setting is 10.5 and you can set the trigger pulls/second so that you can configure this for tournaments. I'll be honest if you're playing a local domestic tournament then the trigger pulls/semi shots etc isn't something that is rigorously monitored. so long as it shoots 10.5bps that is good enough for most.

lubricants: as much as the manual seems to go a bit mental saying you must only use dow33 based lubes, any quality grease will work fine because if they are manufactured by paintball companies they are designed not to warp or swell orings. Personally I use planet eclipse grease on everything that uses a grease but if you want to use sl33k, hater, vitamin G or anything similar, it won't cause a problem if the orings are in decent nick to begin with. Its only handy to sometimes use thicker ones if orings are a bit chewed up because it will seal better as a temporary fix.

matj

Mar 22, 2013
liam92 Thanks for the input, always nice to know about some first hand experiences with the kit :)

I have decided just to get the 800-850 psi tanks. As im getting two setups (me and the mrs) we might as well buy tanks which we can get some life out of. If we have minis for 12 months on 450 psi, then switch to another marker...the likelihood is we will need a new tank each at 850 psi as it seems to be the most commonly used.
According to the manual its just for ease of use when removing the tank etc anyway. As long as i am careful i cant see there being any problems but i will give the mrs an extended ASA on/off to make it easier for her. I may get a second one in the future depending on what she says; if she says its a god send...ill take my wallet out :LOL:

The board is something to consider if i get serious, but i wont spend the £25 if i don't have too. I can see what will happen...it will be like my nitro RC cars. £500 setup, then dislike the high price of nitro. Solution?...less tinkering, more nitro. I think the same could likely happen for paintball and I'm keen to avoid it. The mini is a competitive marker so I look forward to putting it through its paces but i don't see loads of upgrades coming its way. As long as no one queries the board, ROF or trigger pulls then I wont do anything about it (unless i spot it really cheap on the for sale thread...)

The manual does sort of scream at you occasionally...in big...bold...red...letters. It can be very amusing at times. Foot is kindly sorting me out some Monkey Poo so I will be all sorted but I will bear in mind that any paintball specific lube will do the trick and wont do any harm. When I do get some in again it will be from the normal PB companies in the UK so i can guarantee im getting quality products.

With lube...what should i be doing about the ASA and tank?

some say to lube the o ring/thread on the end of the tank to make it easier to get it on and off whilst also maintaining a very good seal (i've seen the techpb guy do it on his channel)
Others say I'm going to cause an explosion and end up barbecuing myself for lack of a better expression.

I can understand not getting it anywhere near the fill nipple...that really would be a barbecue, but is it ok to put it on the end of the tanks thread/o ring?

Thank you all for your input, i greatly appreciate it.