Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

second hand vs new

ostearn

Aug 12, 2014
I'm new to paintball but no matter who I talk to they tell me to always buy second hand. Is there any reason for this ? Other than the price being cheaper of course. Does anyone buy new ?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Mainly money, you get more for your money.
Plus in a game that has shiney new things out all the time some people buy the shiniest newest thing, and sell it to buy the shiniest newest thing

I have quite a few guns, and can probably count how many I bought new on one hand.
That's not just to save money, but I'm old and like the old guns

ostearn

Aug 12, 2014
Ah I see. Being a begginner I think I'm going get hold of something second hand for the time being. Cheers mate.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Second hand is definitely the way to go. Of course you risk buying a dud but at the same time I've had new markers which were lemons as well.

99% of the time you're buying from enthusiasts who look after their gear, as such second hand markers tend to be fine if not even better as someone else has done the legwork doing the fine tuning for you :D

TendringLOEB

Mar 24, 2011
Colchester
When I started in paintball, the top of the range guns in the UK were Director's Cut Autocockers sold by Eclipse. Funnily enough, they were the one who said I might want to buy secondhand first and directed me here. Secondhand gear gives you a lot of options without depreciating too much, as Dusty said, it really is the way to go

sammyr

Aug 13, 2014
Hampshire
I buy new........but after speaking to some people a fortnight ago at Bricketwood, I think I'll only buy 2nd hand gear from now on. (except for underwear of course ;))

ostearn

Aug 12, 2014
I think second hand is definitely the way to go then. Unless your minted.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
As much as you will get more for your money/lose less money when you sell it on, don't let that mask the value of buying new as well. Buying new you know that its going to work perfectly, and if it doesn't it can definitely be returned. You also need to consider the availability of parts. For example last round cpps an older style ego couldn't be fixed on the day because parts weren't avaliable, so it was out of action the rest of the tournament to be taken to the factory.
And finally, with all the new technology arriving nowadays you're going to be waiting longer to get a hold of it second hand, when it eventually is no longer new.