Best Marker For The Money

• Total voters

RealRT

Back from the deadbox since '08
Jan 7, 2007
Swindon
www.facebook.com
Hey guys,

I'm getting back into paintball after quite some time.

I currently shoot my old Shocker SFT that I will always have a soft spot for, but I know I'll need another marker if I'm going to take it seriously.

I like what I've heard about both the Axe Pro and Shocker RSX, along with their price tags.

Obviously the Shocker hasn't been released yet, but has anyone shot the demo/promo models?

What are your thoughts between the two? Or maybe something else?

Thanks

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Etek in that price bracket? or a second hand Geo?

I had an axe, if it was anything to go by the Axe pro should be excellent. We were meant to get one for a review but it hasn't arrived yet, hopefully the Etek 5 will be here this week though.

RealRT

Jan 7, 2007
Swindon
www.facebook.com
Thanks, I'll definitely have to look more into the Etek, I look forward to the review!
Geo's are very nice... I've always been sceptical about second hand markers, but a Geo...

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Nothing wrong with buying second hand, especially from this forum. If anything it's nearly better as the marker has had all it's quirks and kinks ironed out :D

Reactions: cheyenne

RealRT

Jan 7, 2007
Swindon
www.facebook.com
Very true! Thanks for your guidence man!

I think I'm going to sit tight until people have their shockers so there's more information on them before I make a decision, but I've never been great at being patent... And it's hard to ignore what you're saying about second hand markers!

Oct 5, 2002
Sauf Koast
Id personally wait a while before getting an rsx before the new gun 'bugs' are sorted. I was very impressed with the axe though, I only had a brief go but it felt a lot better than the previous model and shot really well.

RealRT

Jan 7, 2007
Swindon
www.facebook.com
Good point!
I have shot one of the original Empire Axe's, and even before that, the Invert Mini, what would you say where the standout differences for you? I personally hated the fore grip like most, but didn't have many any other issues with it.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
A good friend and former teammate of mine just went to the tech class for the new Shocker. He said it's an absolute game changer and loves how simple it is. At 500 psi left in a tank it was still railing along happily without shoot down. Pretty high praise from him for the gun. Due to it's simplicity I don't know how many new gun bugs there will be.

Tontons should be shooting them in Bitburg, it'll be interesting to see.

RealRT

Jan 7, 2007
Swindon
www.facebook.com
Thanks man. I can justify spending a bit more if it's worth it, and it seems to be that way. I've always been a shocker fan and SP have always helped me in the past, so I'm leaning that way at the moment.

emisnug

"I am Become Death, squeegier of Worlds"
Oct 10, 2011
Middle of bloody Nowhere
For the price, I'd say that the Etek 5 is, by far, the best value for money. The Axe is a close second.
But for a £600 budget you may be able to get a Geo 3.1 or an LV1. Or - if you like em - a DM14/15

The shocker, If I'm 100% honest, looks like a slightly refined Ion. I did have a serious look through it all at St Tropez and although it was very pretty, the internals looked very recycled. If a shocker has always served you well in the past, get a Luxe. Or a Vanquish. They're based off of shocker tech.