Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

Shoot Straighter.....

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Jamie McCallum, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Dusty Don't run, you'll only die tired....

Dusty
    Message Count:
    I remember getting a team of lads (who were actually very good when they were on form ) to shoot at an empty jerry can halfway up an airball field. Even they were surprised how much they missed, then I made them do it while someone was shooting back at them........

a good wee drill is to drop an empty coke bottle and shoot it, then shoot it again where it lands and so on until you either can't see it or just can't hit it. If you do it with a mate, take turns at shooting, loser has to either do press ups, buy the beer or pay for a takeout on the way home. Make it best of 5 to be certain :D

TheGrizzlyGrump likes this.
  2. Kevin Winter Well-Known Member

Kevin Winter
    Message Count:
    I thought I was accurate til I did a clinic and Clint made us do drills shooting at poles....

Practise, Practise Practise...

3. shoaibaktar Well-Known Member

shoaibaktar
    Message Count:
    If you play competitions ,Tournie paint ,when kept tends to get bouncy ,but is straighter as a rule and good for doing pole drills.When you shoot 1 star ,if you find it's wingy .Try 3/4 ball ropes to see if it will "follow" .But the idea of accuracy training with inaccurate paint is an easy way to depress yourself. 1 ball drills 1 minute /1 hopper only games ,keep usage down.So you buy 1 box 3 star and "train smart" as opposed to painting the back net with 3boxes of field paint

4. shoaibaktar Well-Known Member

shoaibaktar
    Message Count:
    Nexus used to train 6 weekends before a Mills event .The Saturday was mainly skills training and pole drills . Pro breakshooting and gunfighting take commitment ,time and money!

5. RemcoV New Member

RemcoV
    Message Count:
    A good paint to bore match can help a bit though. But like others said, training, pratise, thats where you can improve the most!

6. GRIMLOCK Well-Known Member

GRIMLOCK
    Message Count:
    Wrong, bore size has no effect on paints "accuracy" only consistency in fps, and a bore match is worse for consistency than both over and underbore.

if you want to be accurate then practice and clean internals along with good paint are the answer.

7. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    It won't give accuracy, but consisntency gives predictability on one factor

Search the forum for similar threads and in some you will find links to hammerheads guide to 'dialling in' their barrel system
    Even if you're not using a hammerhead then you can still use the same principles to make balls leaving the barrel more consistent and predictable
    Then practice and see how balls perform over different distances and conditions

8. RemcoV New Member

RemcoV
    Message Count:
    If the gun is more consistent in it's fps per ball the accuracy improves. Maybe I can say better, the grouping of the balls. If you have a lot if deviation between them the grouping would be a lot worse over a longer distance then when you shoot an average of +- 3 fps difference.

9. Luke M Francis New Member

Luke M Francis
    Message Count:

Take this video with a pinch of salt :D

10. jason p kitts Platinum Member

jason p kitts
    Message Count:
    I
    I've got a etek 3 some paint are not that great as like playing paintball not bending it like becham