Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Shooting left handed

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
i shoot right handed on either side of a bunker or running to my position off the break. im right handed but if i need to shoot left then i simply hold the grip in my left hand and use my right fingers to rattle the trigger like normal. got many kills and i dont present a bigger target then normal. its extremely difficult as im 90% blind in my left eye so judging a persons position is hard.

ShelleyHicky

Shelley Farmer
Oct 22, 2003
London
Does everyone do it now? i'm just getting back into the game and need to know if I need to learn some new skills. it used to be kinda optional :)
It was optional about 5 years ago but is a must to be honest today. I still see people hold their marker on their right when shooting left in lower divisions and it stands out.

For example, take basketball... If you dribble only right handed not only do you look silly but you will always go right down the court to protect the ball, you need to go left 50% of the game to read the game.
In essence this applies with us in paintball (protecting your body instead of the ball). More paintballs are flying towards you now, if the first ball misses the next 11 won't :p

TIGHTER PROFILE = LIVE IN THE GAME

I hope that helps Lifesaver :)

CAMDENELECTRIC

KU Nemesis
Jun 4, 2007
Newcastle Under-Lyme
yer im right handed, my profiles nicer when i shoot right, but i fire much quicker left, just have a messier profile.
Same, I can shoot off both hands but my technique with my right hand (Need to watch what im sying here.....) is alot better:eek:
Depending on what side of a bunker I am shooting from or which side of a bunker I am running at will determin (sp?) which hand I am shooting from.

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
It's not particularly difficult. Just practice snap shooting at home left handed (find a door or sofa), and make a point of taking the left side of the field at your next training. The only thing I'm working on is aiming left-handed :rolleyes:. Since I sight out of my right eye (dominant eye), I have to pop my head out a wee bit further to have everything lined up. If I'm rushing I can forget to do that and end up shooting too far right. <--something to watch out for

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Come to one of my Tea Service clinics.

And you will left-shooting worries will disappear.

:)