Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Sick and tired of shops showing stock then not having it

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Canada you say, hmmm. Have to figure in possible custom charges but if the price is right.

As for that being the 'model' shops run too, in my opinion that's a rubbish way to work. Why offer discounts, show stock etc when you're at best hoping its at the distributer? If still consider purchase if it was clear this was the deal. I even had the delivery email from the delivery company before it was recalled as the parcel hadn't been supplied.

My other pastime is mountain biking, this is a massive red warning sign if an online shop does this, just google Dave Hinde and see what sort of response it gets.
I've googled him - I haven't opened every result, but those that I have are about rubbish service, him being abusive and lying about bikes. Not the same as an item not being stocked (though from what I have read I wouldn't be surprised that he does deliberately lie about holding stock)

My point isn't that it's fine to use distributer stock and the frustrations that it can cause for customers. All the (true) uk paintball retailers do hold stock, but don't hold stock of everything they list.
Paintball is a very tiny market in the uk, and with competition profit margins are small.

The real problem that you appear to have is the goggles you want don't seem to be available.
The only true way you will have is to call a reputable dealer and get the real answer

What goggles are you after?

A.B

London E.C.I 2008 retired
Jul 8, 2002
hampshire uk
I was after some grills black with white frame which are a special edition so granted limited availability. I would consider phoning but that negates an online shop surely?! Especially if an email offer comes out over a festive period when no ones on the end of the phone? Granted they 'may' have sold all that model before coming back to work.

Also if an items listed as 'in stock' then wouldn't that be a fair assumption that it's actually 'in stock' and especially when it's apparently 'available next working day', even more so if you have a pending delivery email from a delivery company that then reveals it was never supplied the parcel?

Honestly, I'm over it now. I shall be obtaining my refund and chasing the first one which at last count hadn't been refunded since before Christmas. I don't think the shops will lose any sleep not selling me some goggles.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Oh, you want the SC version? They only made a LTD number of total units, that actually had to be pre-ordered, and being 'a bit starwarsy' they were very popular. Unless GI decide to run that color again in 2016 I doubt you'll find one.
I heard there may be a new mask coming very soon, so perhaps that will be available in the color you want..

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Missy, If I were to be bold enough to order from your fine website to ship to the UK. Would I be charged PST/GST/HST (whatever)?

I'm still grumpy that the Calgary store wasn't open when I went there a few months ago... ok it happened to be Canada Day but that's beside the point :)

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Good question, I just asked about that. No, you don't pay tax, but you do pay shipping and duty. It may not accept your order online and so you would apparently need to email the order in. They get back to you with the pricing/deets etc.

This is starting to look like I'm courting UK business so I'll stop here. I just wanted to help a guy get the mask of his dreams. If you need to know more, give Badlands a shout. I have nothing to do with the retail division though, and if you mention my name, they might actually charge you more...

Reactions: Spikerz, A.B and H