Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Sierra One

R.Edmunds82

Aug 4, 2012
Swansea, Wales, UK
Not sure if this is the right place for this? If not can a mod move it please?

I was wondering if anyone has or has used a Tippman Sierra One?
I have been looking at them as they give me the option to upgrade/customise in a the way I have been thinking of.

Do they have any major issues/niggles that I should be aware of?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
They are pretty reliable. However hold off on buying and get some hands on

For paintball purposes the 'real gun' layouts are not the most efficient, the 'bling' style guns are the ergonomicaly correct design, and the Sierra is based on an old design.

However that does not mean they are right for an individual. A lighter ergonomic speedball gun may be the optimum, but if it feels wrong for you then it's not for you, and for some people a light gun is too light.

Are you looking at the Sierra because it has the looks you like, and also regarding your plans for it do bear in mind that a number of items people add in paintball don't realy add any benefit.

Rails etc on the 'tactical' guns only realy benefit with the ability to mount a camera (which ought to be your second camera as a head mount will give more footage) and a torch which is good for the night and indoors cqb games - as long as the user knows how to use it and maintain light discipline.

Sights don't add much, paintballs don't work that well for sights, you can't use the sight properly wearing goggles and your eyes will be too far back for most sights. Red dots can have a use, such as when using a gun with a central hopper and placing the sight behind the feedneck. But if you practice you can get the optical illusion of seeing through the feedneck and don't need the red dot
A telescopic sight can be good when accompanied by a camera to give zoom 'kill shots' rather then for the aiming, or with first strikes but only if you have tuned and practiced a lot to know where to view and adjust etc

R.Edmunds82

Aug 4, 2012
Swansea, Wales, UK
@tommikka yeah I've played with a few different markers but still like that milsim look and also the ability to customise. I know sights are kinda useless which is fine as was not looking at adding one.
Was looking at a solid stock, folding bipod, torch and red/green lasers with pressure switches, ripclip, ridiculously long barrel for sniper type roles and a few other things which may seem ridiculous but with my playing style and the kind of look I want.

@Sam F I would love to take it off your hands but alas am fairly skint as mortgage, car and zombieland are taking priority at the moment.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
@tommikka yeah I've played with a few different markers but still like that milsim look and also the ability to customise.
You look like you've sussed out what you're after

Now if you want to see ridiculously long ....
Then check out the teams Barrett, stupidly long and designed for one particular mission on one site!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Apologies for the rubbish screen grabs, but my body is aching from this weekend and I can work picassa on my iphone!

R.Edmunds82

Aug 4, 2012
Swansea, Wales, UK
@tommikka yeah I think I have a good idea of what I want. There are a couple of barrels I've looked at and the longest was an unhealthy 22" long. Was gonna make a shroud and stuff using equipment at work.
Gotta say I love the look of your teams barrett.
Wished I could of had everything ready for zombieland :( ah well seen a few more events I'm up for.