Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Site Manager's Wages.....

JB Abalogun

Jun 4, 2015
Midlands
Hi Everyone,
I am in the process of acquiring a paintball site but require some information regarding site manager's wages before I finally sign on the dotted.
We will based in the Midlands and will be in an area where we are not competing with any other competition.
I have done the usual searches online but funnily enough, figures are aren't widely advertised!
So I was wondering if any site owner or manager out there would mind sharing some details.
Feel free to PM if not comfortable posting on a forum.
Just looking for an average yearly salary of a site manager, and what the job description would be for that salary.
Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

JB

noobie

May 22, 2015
My experience was from many moons ago so maybe so far out of date it maybe just plain rubbish. if so please forgive me.

A local farmer had a small splatmaster gun led paintball site, with old style goggles and mechanics overalls in green.

Initially I had played there just for fun, then I was asked to join the site as a marshall. The Marshalls were on a fixed rate for the day, but also were allowed to buy paint at trade for local competitions as long as the site was mentioned. Other kit was trade plus half (halfway between retail and trade)

As the site grew, the kit began to be updated as well as the facilities but as often happens the senior marshall who managed it also, moved on and they asked me to then run the site

Who you get depends on your pay structure. Some maybe in it just for the cash, some will want cash and discount and some will just want expenses and discounts for when they play. Much of this is determined wether they are involved as a full time site manager or as a player who has time to be a manager because they have a full timer job but loves the game

In my case I just loved playing paintball so we worked on a deal of 10% of the days profits, not takings but profits. I also had trade price on everything I bought that was just for me however. I had a full time job also but almost every evening and weekend was paintball time wether on the site work or simply just playing.

It worked well and as the marshall's began to go in for more small competitions, the more they seemed to want the site to do well.

For my shekels I had to take care of every thing bar the bookings, the farmer/owner did those but I was in the loop on that. Everything else was under my control, staffing, kit, paint, diesel for vehicles, food, spares, maintenance, safety, marshal kit , you name it

Clearly I have been out of paintball for some time so would not know your local area or possible candidates/wages and hopefully some in here will be able to help you there, I hope so

As to a yearly wage, do you have facilities for all year round decent turn over profit for a yearly wage? I ask as many sites are seasonal. I've also worked as a motorcycle salesman and like paintball, the money is mostly during the summer so have also had a 6 month contract before but the owner was honest about that at the interview/advert stage

I've babbled on but hope soon someone with recent and very much more knowledgeable experience comes along to help.