Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Sliding

XpDChris

Short Shizzle
Mar 24, 2008
UK Hertfordshire, Hitchin
my first attempt at it in a game failed when i broke my wrist anyone think you sholud put hand down to keep slding on ya arse or brace with hand cause i braced and broke it but i think i was doing something seriously wrong tips?

XpDChris

Short Shizzle
Mar 24, 2008
i got pic of here i went to brace my self and i think i mucked it up alot (broke me wrist) i just need to know how to land them pic only got modded version soz

as you can see i put my left arm down to most people do this of just slide on there back?

sumo89

Platinum Member
May 26, 2005
LANDAN
www.myspace.com
i know what you were trying to do, you should be sliding on the ouside of your calf idealy. You can put your arm down but thats mainly to help you get back up and a little stability, you shouldnt be having your arm down the whole time. Your arm should be by your side as well, not behind you.
sound like you just got unlucky, you should really make sure you practice it as its vital to getting in to certain bunkers quickly.

sumo89

Platinum Member
May 26, 2005
LANDAN
www.myspace.com
the key is to throw your legs in front of you and slide on whichever side your turning in to. Just think of it like a football slide tackle. And you should all be practicing it really, cos if you play a team which can slide your at a disadvantage.

XpDChris

Short Shizzle
Mar 24, 2008
i was trying to slide like football and the weight of the gun because im short and not so strong makes it much harder than a footie slide but ill probs train and get better ty for help (Y)

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
practice sliding football tackles when you get a chance, using the inside of your foot to direct you and the back leg to support your weight, untill then in games use the ass sliding technique, which is exactly as it sounds, also if you have a pgi subscription check out last months issue as it has a very in-depth article on how to get into your bunker in one piece]

Tremor

Platinum Member
Dec 17, 2007
there is also a really god bit about this in the one with a gun dvd.

make sure when u put your hand down it is BEHIND you, so that you are not putting any stress on it with the momentum your carrying into the bunker, it is merley an aid too helo you stabilize and get back up on your feet ASAP.
i would REALLY reccomend watching "one with a gun" dvd, its like £10 or something, goes through so much usefull info on sliding, snapshooting, breakout shooting, running and gunning, stancework, drills, diet, fitness.

good luck anyway.

tom