Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Sliding ^.^

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
baseball slides are pointless in most cases!

if running at an angle, hip slide.

if running straight - superman.

IE:

running to corner off the break = hip slide, that way when you swing your legs round your in a firing position and have no chance of popping out the wrong side of your bunker when your momentum carries you over.

running into snake = superman.

easy
not entirely true dave.

If done well a baseball style slide allows you to stay gunning the whole time, including during the slide.
Much like a hip slide you can then use your momentum to kick yourself up and back onto your feet.

This is done by jamming the heel studs of your leading foot into the ground and using your momentum, along with your (folded) trailing leg to kick you up and onto your feet.

While this does have the benefit of allowing you to continue firing for the entirety of the run and slide it does however have a much larger profile than a hipslide.
So I tend to alternate between the two appropriately based on how much paint i need to dodge

Signed

Your hero
Jack

head_-_shot

UK Under 19's & London Tigers.
Oct 25, 2008
London
www.facebook.com
not entirely true dave.

If done well a baseball style slide allows you to stay gunning the whole time, including during the slide.
Much like a hip slide you can then use your momentum to kick yourself up and back onto your feet.

This is done by jamming the heel studs of your leading foot into the ground and using your momentum, along with your (folded) trailing leg to kick you up and onto your feet.

While this does have the benefit of allowing you to continue firing for the entirety of the run and slide it does however have a much larger profile than a hipslide.
So I tend to alternate between the two appropriately based on how much paint i need to dodge

Id have to see it to beleive it :p :D

really though it seems complicated as baseball slides are hard to get back up from if you do it one foot under your arse and one foot in front , I assumed thats how baseball slides were done ( I dont watch the damn sport :rolleyes: )

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
Id have to see it to beleive it :p :D

really though it seems complicated as baseball slides are hard to get back up from if you do it one foot under your arse and one foot in front , I assumed thats how baseball slides were done ( I dont watch the damn sport :rolleyes: )
It take alot of practise, I havent got them dialled so i still end up in a heap in the corner now and again ;)

Tommy G pulls them off sweet tho, first time that style of slide caught my eye was the videos from a Nexus-bullets game from one of the centrio's last season

A-Dawg

London Tigers 2
Jan 27, 2008
It's not I just think alot of people who have never played against good teams believe sliding is unnecessary