Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Smart Parts Lose To Wdp

Lucky.One

Dec 1, 2003
suckago
www.lucky-paintball.com
Oh don't get me wrong WDP should get at least half of all monies to date collected by smartparts. And some extra for lawyers.

And good for them for standing up, grabbing their balls and putting their money where their mouth was, everyone else rolled right over.

But I am not going to excited, cause its a win over a BS arguement.

le-pig

the brotherhood
May 16, 2002
isle of man
Visit site
Originally posted by evil.one
Oh
And good for them for standing up, grabbing their balls and putting their money where their mouth was, everyone else rolled right over.

But I am not going to excited, cause its a win over a BS arguement.
aka didn't role over they fought as long as they could and faced loosing everything if they went any further,what would you do;)

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Well i go away for a few days, and see what happens.

Nice one WDP, it makes me even prouder to be an ANGEL TECH.

PS..

I'll be wearing my f*ck smart parts hat on Sunday at the PA.

acsik

Sep 18, 2001
Hungary
Visit site
Mmmmm

Welp

There is two ways for WDP to go, since their legal expenses I believe are super excessive and the piggy bank is not in a healthy shape.

1. Pull a SP and start collecting royalty money to cover their expenses and get the companys finincial health back to normal.

2. Sell the company to a large investor (K7 maybe??)

The good thing is that they now own a couple of really really crucial patents and their legal and business background is completely clear AND they have a gun that sells like mofo!

Ofcourse this is speculation at best and the future can be totally different...

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
I think sp expected to win, as i had a catalog in the post a day or so after the decision. A bit ironic really, but it made me laugh.

dnafwtbtitft

The bell tolls...
Jul 23, 2003
In my own little world.
Visit site
A set of quotes so worthy I had to put them in my signature...

Originally posted by U.S. District Judge Garr M. King, Re: Smart Parts' patent on electronic paintball markers
...I question the contributions of some of the named inventors, specifically Billy Gardner and Adam Gardner
Originally posted by U.S. District Judge Garr M. King, Re: Smart Parts' patent on electronic paintball markers
...the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam could have invented what is claimed.
As with the lack of any documentation of the Gardnrs' work, Billy and Adam Gardner's testimony regarding thier own contributions does not suggest the work of inventors.
I want the Right Honorable Judge King to take a look at the rest of SP's patents too! ;) :D I like him.