Smartparts new gun!!

sykesg

Smakin your Bitch up
Aug 22, 2001
London
www.mayhemtigers.com
I don't hate.....

Originally posted by Milhouse
I don't hate smart parts any more or any less than other companies. I'm very glad your shockers work so well. They must do cus in my opinion Tigers Pro were far and away the best Brit team last year.

However in my personal experience.

I had an impulse when it first came out. Was fairly tempremental to say the least as were the others on the team.
Shockers: Downloaded to many videos ( i know i'm sad) from the net and seeing way to many bursts, chops and other problems gun related natyness, not to mention way to people swearing at them in games at local tournies. Also when it first came out it was a real gas muncher which with after market parts (more expense can be fixed)
The nerve: OK fair cop i was generalising cus i don't know whether there any good or not...

However based on experiences with Smart parts guns it takes them a while to "iron the kinks" out. I expect the ion to have initial problems then in about a years time it will flat out mow. Have to say though the all black/ chrome number did look kinda nice. Bit on the "cheap looking" side but for the price if it does what it says it can it will blow the competition away!
Cheers dude, sorry to into one. It's just in the past I've seen people have a dig at the quality of product as a result of SP's legal escapades where the two arn't linked.

One thing the shockers do need is clean/free moving anti double feed detents. If you do ever break change em ;)

irons69

BEACH BUM
Jun 11, 2002
kent
i work next door to SPE and this thing has been kept under tight wraps
but what i found out today was yes it,s a very low price marker that will work stright out of the box
great as a spair marker
aimed at walk on,s and lower end tourny player,s
reason kept on the QT was to stop all the bull**** that flys around with a new marker comeing out
ha how meny peaple really know about the ego not that many
this ION will i am sure be a great seller but it won,t effect top end marker,s like the NERVE or SHOCKER

Ryan(pb alexandria)

Clan Killer
Sep 5, 2004
Loch Lomond
Visit site
even tho i hate sp i do love the shocker. The ion I think will make a new stand for new markers in body style and value for money. I respect sp for doing that.

Alot of people get intimidated (no pun intended) with highpower, highcost and high end markers so this will mean the dude with the 98 running about at a walkon can save up and buy something new that hes gonna learn to use and get a better feel for tourny by being able to sling paint

and lets face it, shooting fast is fun...just cause u can.

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
With a fast spool valve based gun with break beam eyes and enhanced fire modes at this sort of price, where does that leave the cheap Spyder variants that are around this price bracket?

Unless the Ion turns out to be an utter pile of unreliable toss the Kingman, Tippman and the others really have a reason to be worried.

Anywhere else apart from Smart Parts Europe that is gonna be selling them?

Hi peeps,

I have some sad news for all of you. Today I saw the doom bringer for the world we know. It's name shall be called all over the paintball world:

SMART PARTS ION

Shot one today out of the box and what a awesome piece of kit it is.

Not only light as the f-word, but fast and accurate. When I heard the price at first I thought it would be a low end marker for the beginner. Far off form that is the truth. The marker will meet the requirements for all level players. Even the Pro player will find that the marker rocks.

The housing and the trigger frame are perfect. The trigger is similar to a timmy trigger and easy to adjust. The through grip comes with a rubber cushion that makes it easier to hold the marker.
The feed neck is designed to hold halo or reloader. No more messing around!

If you are looking for any kicking from the marker....forget it! Running and gunning are no problem at all.

This is the dawn of a new era of paintball and sorry to say this...SMART PARTS has hit a home run!

Cannot wait to get mine next week and use it.

Oli