The Home Of European Paintball

smoke bombs

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
By using smoke you bring attention to the fact that you are up to something
To remain unseen first be aware of what is around to give extra cover, what the wind direction may do and ensure you do not use just one smoke
(Ever seen someone throw one smoke grenade and have everyone just look at it, if there is any depth to the smoke the opposition shoot into it and then it clears up. A few minutes later someone may throw another)

Throw multiple smokes, or even better get a few people to throw smoke
(To get a decent amount of smoke on a field you want about 3 standard paintball smokes, there are new paintball smoke grenades out which put out around the same as 3 standard ones)

This increases the amount of smoke and also spaces out the thicker elements
There is no longer one thick element of smoke which could cover you but attracts fire
If there is no wind then the smoke will hang for you, if there is a mild breeze it may make 'random' clouds
Ideally make the most of it. Move as if it is any other form of cover, go from point to point. Don't hang around, but do allow the smoke to gather a little

Watch and listen for the opposition- are they watching the smoke or randomly shooting into the smoke

Don't run screaming and shooting into the smoke - they may not see you but can hear you

Reactions: TROUTLIPS

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
As said, what normally happens is someone throws a smoke, and all the opposition turn to focus on it. The thrower watches it until it's almost gone, then runs into a hail of paint and dies. The two ways I've seen it used well are -

1 LOTS of smoke bombs (at least 3-4) thrown into an enclosed building or vehicle, which contains the smoke enough to make those inside effectively blind

2 Smoke thrown at one end/side of a field to distract the opposition from an attack on the other side...

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
I know from experience if you pile enough of them into a small building (well it was a shed with no roof really) you can make your brother throw up.

Basically the trick is not to move up any further than the smoke and still move into cover, then when the smoke clears you're further up the field than you were when you threw it.

Reactions: Kevin Winter

Fanta

Good As Gold
Mar 29, 2011
stratford upon avon
throw smokes at the enemy(not directly at them), that way they have a smaller field of vision , = easier to get to point B, dont throw smoke inbetween you and point b .

Pingu

Aug 17, 2013
Leicester
throw smokes at the enemy(not directly at them), that way they have a smaller field of vision , = easier to get to point B, dont throw smoke inbetween you and point b .
Actually you would be surprised how well it works when 4 of you throw smokes directly at them. Gives nice big clouds that land in their cover and blinds them :)

Christopher Andrew

SIRENBLAZE
Apr 3, 2012
Once I was in a makeshift bunker and a smoke bomb managed to land inside I couldnt see anything, I thought it would be a good idea to stay in side........WRONG