Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Snap Shooting Techniques, which do you prefer?

RedishPaintballVet

Semi-retired
Aug 10, 2007
Warrington
I see there is majority of ballers favouring the newer snap style B. This is definitely something I'm going try and adopt for close range snap shooting in future, it make sense to stay as small as possible!

For longer range shooting/snap shooting I think I'll probably stick to the A. technique, as I feel it is more comfortable (for me) and the extra exposure is less of an issue at longer range (i.e. a back/mid bunker position). Furthermore, I'm a fan of wrapping shots when appropriate and I think A. makes it a bit easier to do this than B. On that note, the Joy video "One with the gun" doesn't cover wrapping shots at all! Maybe that is old school too lol.

Anyway, hopefully ballers will find this thread useful when weighing up snap shooting techniques.

Happy balling :D

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
on a related note.

Who "came up"(or put into whole team use) with method B first?

Joy or nexus. Perhaps robbo could clear this up. Not that its really important, im just picky like that. From your training clinic i am under the impression it was you. However i could have misheard or whatever. I just like to have these things settled in my mind, otherwise i could go bonkers and be put in a home. :)

ShimmerShot

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2008
Midlands
I thought Cpt of Joy came up with it in 'one with the one', the guy whos pumping his muscles and watching the pritty ladies is the one im thinking of. :p

RedishPaintballVet

Semi-retired
Aug 10, 2007
Warrington
I had read somewhere that Alex Lundquist picked up the technique whilst playing for the Russian Legion, and then brought it to Joy. That's Just a rumour though lol. The Russians are pretty technical so it wouldn't suprise me if it was true.

Rich H

Aug 29, 2002
Cambridge
I cant say who came up with this first, but the first time i remember seeing this "technique" it was advertised in PGI when nexus had just formed, there was a picture of Marky T doing it i think? I dont think any team can personally claim that they came up with this style of snapshooting tho, in my opinion its just the "new skool" way of doing it, and players, especially new players are being shown to do it this way instead of style A.

Rich

Polly

SoManc!
May 30, 2006
****ehole West Yorkshire
www.myspace.com
I was taught the original nexus style, side on like cricket as john said, by robbo which was very effective but i found it easier to stand face on, so i was kinda morphed to using joys snap before i even watched one with the gun. Its the most effective way to snap imo.

MJ

IM AGG...my mom says
Oct 24, 2007
Tamworth
To be honest, when i practice, i practice like B. But i doubt it relates to that on the field. As long as im comfy then im happy. :D

ScottyDog

Mar 9, 2009
C, this is a mixture of trying to do B but in the heat of the moment doing something completely stupid unlike A or B :(:D