Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

sniper

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
I'm ot a sniper, I prefer to actively hunt my targets. :)

Seriously, Becasue we're all shooting about the same velocity, there's no REAL range diffrence. So you have ot actively get INTO your opponent's range unseen. That's not really a sniper classically. And, besides, it's alwasy more fun to hit that flank and take 'em by surprise. :)

-Tyg

FI2eeFL0w

Team Halo
Aug 11, 2001
USA (texas)
i dont think that there IS such a thing as a paintball sniper.......jus doesnt make sense...paintballs arent accurate enough and they dont get enough distance...........

ciaran.mooney

Ich bin ein Berliner!
i think they confuse sneaking up on people and shooting them from a place they dont know about or see with sniping.

They have got it half right but not really - you cant "snipe" in the real sense because paintballs are, as you say, too inaccurate.

I propose a new paintball term ..... on that means shooting someone from a secretive or hidden place.

Thats an open challenge lets see what you've got!

Jonas

Nov 15, 2001
Spartanburg,S.C.
Visit site
I disagree , there can be paintball snipers , i play rec-ball with a group of about 20 friends over 10 acres of forest. I have a tipmann 98 with a dye barrel , and there is a definate range difference. I shoot at the same velocity as the other players and can outshoot them in range and accuracy. So in this case it is possible to be a sniper. I always try to conceal myself as best i can before the game starts. Having teammates cover me with brush always helps camoflauge. :)

TITUS

Nov 17, 2001
Scarborough, Maine
Visit site
i don't like the idea of "Sniping" i mean why sneek around? It may just be that im a speed ball player and im one of the front guys but i really hate being in back or moving slowly. i jus think you get more "Kick" out of running the 50 and getting angels at people that they wouldon't thing of, than sit in back and try to OSOK someone

Jonas

Nov 15, 2001
Spartanburg,S.C.
Visit site
Well F12eeflow , say why you think paintball snipers are pansies. Or are you saying that because to you it is not possible to hit someone with one shot, rather than spraying paint in there direction like most players do today. It is possible to be a paintball sniper. You can only shoot soo far with a paintball gun , its not like were playing with Rifles, But if you can assemble a gun with more range and accuracy and use that to your advantage, in one way or another , you are a sniper. Its how you use that extra distance and accuracy that decides if you are. And i have nothing against speedball player's, ive just never been to a field with an adaqate speedball field so i was turned off from it. And the fact that paintballs are innacurate compared to real bullets means nothing. There were snipers in the revolutionary war. Their guns were not accurate at or over 50 yards. ( look it up ) Its how you play the game and use your gun, terrain, and camo to your advantage. Not if your marker can shoot someone from 2 miles away.

- Jonas
:rolleyes: