Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

So why pump?

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
I play pump at a normal walk on all the time, I was never any good anyway so the pump covers my lack of skills.

hoot

Mad Sqad Rebels
Sep 17, 2011
Falkirk, Scotland
Slowly but surely I'm converting some of my woodsball team to pump. Managed two so far, working on a few others.

Pump is great fun. It's challenging and you'll definitely feel the benefits when you switch back to semi. It definitely puts punters at ease too and it's a bit of a talking point - shows them that there's more than one side to the game.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
@tommikka I was going to invest in a Pistol to put me at a disadvantage, but this....... this sounds like a real challenge.

Need to find me a cheap and cheery Pump I thinks :')
Both pistols & pumps are fun!

(You can even combine these with a pump pgp pistol!)

The benefit to you of a pump in this case is you can get a good pump at a reasonable price, which is a full marker but pump operated
You can use any hopper - so can carry a quantity of paint, a 50 shot hopper or a 10 shot tube

I sometimes use a 50 hopper, but have even used full size electric hoppers (no need for the capability, but it's a hopper)

You can still opt to shoot a lot with a pump, just work the pump and trigger a lot
You can opt to carry no pods, belt etc and just carry your hopper worth, but I have tended to still carry the same paint most of the time - that way I have the paint if I'm in game for a while or shoot a few, but also as a member of a team I can have paint available for the others

Welcome to the new world of fun that pump will give you.........just don't go looking at sexy new pumps

Pumps are not all created equal, some have such a gentle action and can be worked by your little finger, others take a more deliberate pump. A light action is nice but there's a lot of satisfaction in a good solid action with 'click click bang'

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
There's also a certain level of Nostalgia - when I first played, back in the early nineties, pumps were the main markers, and one with "slamfire" (where you hold the trigger down and pump away to fire) gave you supreme firepower. I still have a cheap and cheerful pump in the bag for conserving paint, having some fun, and punter days

Ninjabreadman

Aug 19, 2013
Cannock, UK
So I think its settled. what would be the best or should I say 'Cost effective' Pump? For someone who only really balls three times a month? Ahh, excited to get into this now.... I blame @tommikka..... Your fault!

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Currently on new prices the Hammer 7
You get pump, mag fed, hopper fed and first strike all for approx £100

Second hand a good number of old school pumps turn up often

An option with auto cockers exists to remove the front block and fit a pump kit, but that's not neccesarily cheap as the kits don't tend to be around without importing from the us

My pumps are an autococker with pump kit, a pgp pistol and the hammer 7
Witn the hammer you do have to adjust velocity in an interesting manner with a long tool down the barrel (due to old school reasons) so it does need some attention to common sense when adjusting

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Must admit I prefer my autocockers converted to pump over my other pumps (as much as I'm trying to love my phantoms).

Kelv-Pedro

#hashtagguy
Oct 20, 2013
In the Zone, Shredding FOOLS!
Just got a conversion kit for my Cocker so i can start playing Pump, Already own a Trracer and love the disadvantage it put's me at.
Being as mentle as i am this really ups the game running with a pump, Just improves your skills and trigger work. Make's you play a lot different to and will change your game when you go back to your electros and semi's. :)

Reactions: Tom