Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

So you've just got shot...

Rob

Forbidden Impulse
Jul 14, 2001
Poole, UK.
Visit site
You know it, you saw it coming. It had your name all over it. You felt it hit you and you can see bits of shell and paint all over the front of your hopper... you're done for, you're out of the game and the whole tape is left open. The player who nailed you screams for a paint check. The ref who was keeping an eye on someone else takes a few seconds to catch on before he starts to trot over trying his best to avoid the crossfire. It's time for you to do something. Time to decide what kind of person you really are, and just a few seconds to do it. In those few seconds do you-

A) Do the right thing, put up your hand and head off the field before the ref calls you out. Feel good about yourself for doing what you know deep down to be the right thing. Hey it's only a game right? As you walk off you even make a mental note to go shake hands with the guy who shot you after the game's over.

B) Duck behind your bunker, makeing sure no spectators can see you, then wipe of the hit and play on... You take special care to make sure to act offended when the marshal calls you neutral to check you... of coure he find nothing. As if you'd play on with a hit! The very thought... Next he'll be calling you a cheat!

C) The lesser of two evils... keep playing for as long as you can before the marshal make it over to you. Maybe in those vital seconds you could make that elimination that'd break the game open. But hey it's not cheating right? You're just waiting to be told to get of the field. It's not YOUR job to enforce the rules right? Right?

Take your pick. Be honest now :D.

Me? I TRY hard and usually i'd say i do "A". But some times the temptation of a few shots before i leave the game drags be towards "C". What can i say, i'm weak.

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
I try my best to call myself out if I know for a fact that it broke, for a few simple reasons in addition to the moral/ethical reasons that for the players that are devoid of both (I'd hope that as a person that they are not, but in competition such can be the case with people from time to time) are as obvious as to those that stand up for principles as much as you and I.

1. It's likely to not be the only hit on you. The ref will see the others and enforce penalties as normal, no matter which came first.
2. More are coming, meaning more pain if you don't step out.
3. You could end up accomplishing nothing by staying in, i.e. not eliminating another player, while risking a greater loss of points to be found dead at the end of the game having played on.
4. I get pissed off sometimes when hit and staying in the game would have me say/do something stupid that I'd much rather vent on the sidelines and not get my team penalized for it on the field.
5. Similar to 4; I'd be too tired to play on, and if I'm tired to the point of being sloppy enough to get shot, it's not worth dragging on in the game. Better to go fill pods, drink some water, watch the game, or just let my pulse slow back down from hyper speed.

That's just my reasoning. Mainly for me I try to keep it clean from a sporting point of view, but there are those and other practical reasons not to cheat. Cheating degrades the game and the sport, and if we don't have that left, then what the hell do we have anymore?

rancid

Mother, is that you?
I don't think there's any question here - it ain't a case of working out the consequences, or 'trying' to do the right thing. Duck under the tape, no hesitation, no thought. Any other choice and you're on a slippery slope. Hey Rob, I don't see any difference between 'b' & 'c'.

Perhaps an interesting thing to consider is do you go out the quickest route, or run back and out. I'm not up on the rules here. In woodland tournies I've rolled out the tape before and cos no one has seen me, still held up a flank. ie sometimes it can be an advantage slipping away without a big hulabaloo.

-Pikachu-

xlii
Jul 17, 2001
Being honest I always do A but on one or two ocassions I have slipped the extra shot or two in after I got tagged.

I've seen this on a few ocassions, person gets hit and then just go for a blatent kamikaze mugging

Alien

MattttttLock
Jul 10, 2001
Wales
Visit site
"A" Everytime.

Cheating sucks.

Try this one
Its the last game that will put you in the final , you need to max the opposition to get thru.
You take a quick look out the side of the bunker and out of nowhere.........
You feel a ball hit you, you look for the hit but you cant see the spot, you use your hands to try and find the break but fail. What do you do??????

1) Do you call the marshall and ask him/her to check you
because you know that it must of broken on you.

2) Do you think sod it "let the marshall call it if they see it"

3) Do you change bunkers and dive into the new one ending up
tight against the bunker wall, so if the marshall see's paint on
you, you can say "it's off the bunker" while trying to look
innocent.

If i feel the hit but cant find it i go for A

Alien

Aug 5, 2001
Visit site
I would do "A" for both questions, cheating sucks. I hate playing cheaters and I think other people feel the same way. Anyway if you get hit and cheat even if you win the game it doesn't take any talent.

Alien

MattttttLock
Jul 10, 2001
Wales
Visit site
So the question is, how do you stop them????????

Do you put more ref's on the field or do you just refuse to play a team that you know cheats to win??????

My vote goes for more refs and better penaltys for cheats

Alien

QuikSilver

Well if you played in the NPPL, you'd be denying a good percentage of the teams... I'm just going to make sure I hit them more than a few times.

I agree, we DO need more good refs. I hate the kind of refs who go over to a guy that is getting no fire at all and checks him, then proceeds to do nothing at all the rest of game.