Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

solenoid not clicking: invert mini, 2nd generation

Adrian

Feb 11, 2013
Hi there!

I'm having some trouble with a 2nd generation invert mini - it's solenoid doesn't click when the trigger is pulled with the eyes turned off. I am certain that the trigger and the board in the foregrip are both working because I have tested them on another mini and they worked fine. Therefore, there must be something wrong with either the solenoid, or some other part in the main body of the gun.

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Adrian.

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
Are you certain the eyes are turned off?

If your trigger adjustment screw has backed out, the eye board sensor may not even be recognising a trigger pull... The Hall effect sensor may be dead, or you may just need a new battery, I would try that first.

If its still not playing, strip it down and remove the solenoid. Take the three screws out, use a small cross head screwdriver that fits the screws well, (you really don't want to strip the heads of those screws) note the orientation of the noid internals as you remove them. Give the whole solenoid and the internal components a wipe, I have used baby wipes in the past and dried completely either with microfibre or loo roll ;)

Re-assemble the solenoid and put the marker back together, switch on, eyes off and you should be golden. Walk the trigger a little and it should reset the solenoid and it should click louder than it did before...

Last edited:

darkfirepheonix

Paintball/Electronics Tech
Dec 5, 2011
Ipswich
Before you start stripping down the noid the 1st thing to do is make sure the marker is attempting to cycle.
Turn the marker on (doesn't matter if the eyes are on or off) then press and hold the trigger. The red LED should glow dim. then when you release the trigger it should go out. If the red LED does not glow then you have 1 of 2 problems. 1 You are missing the magnet on the top of your trigger. 2 your eye board is faulty and will need replacing.

After you have done this and confirmed your marker is cycling then you can look at your noid. The noid has a rubber core inside the piston. If the marker is over lubed the lube will get into the noid and expand the rubber core. when you remove the piston the black rubber face should be flat and smooth. if their is a little ring printed on the face you will need to get a sharp blade and carefully slice the exposed rubber off. This is the general cause of a sticky noid.

You can tell if you have a sticky noid by turning the eyes off and setting the marker in full auto mode and pulling the trigger a few times to get you into auto and holding the trigger down until you here the noid clicking.

Hope this helps you out.

Adrian

Feb 11, 2013
Ahh okay cool, I'll try out some of your suggestions on the marker tomorrow, thanks for the help everyone! =D

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Take off foregrip. Have a look at the pins sticking out the top. Make sure they are all straight. One pin bent over slightly will cause all the symptoms you have described.