Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Speed 05 .... wow

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Over the weekend i had my new Speed 05 delivered. On opening up the parcel, you see the immaculate packaging, and as usual it says "quality". As i delved deeper into the depths of WDP's new baby, it just got better and better.

Obviously the main interest here is the new grip frame and trigger assembly. This is a definite improvement over the older models, and the ball raced trigger has a solid clean feel that will impress anyone who’s shot an Angel before. The magnetic trigger has just the right feel, and the trigger shape is smooth and easy to walk.
The rear of the grip frame has a small lip, that allows you to carry the marker, but could be a bit larger and more defined.
The most overlooked improvement to the grip frame, are the grips. While many see this as a downgrade, this grip design has one major improvement over the older wrap around style. They seal well to the frame. Very rarely the older style grips came anywhere near to the grip frame, but these new grips actually fit into the frame and seal very well. This gives the sensitive electronics a good barrier against that damaging stuff we shoot at each other.

The user friendly led display is simple and effective. There are just three modes to learn, which even my old brain could cope with. There is one internal button that scrolls through, dwell, trigger offset and hopper speed. It's as simple as that. When you shoot, the display ramps upwards to show the rate of fire, and already speed 05 owners are seeing how long they can keep the top led on.

Mini-reg, fore grip. My first impression was that it didn’t have the clean feel that you need, from what is basically a fore grip. The hard edges at first felt strange, but I got used to it very quickly, and felt the edges gave my hand a point to locate on. Personally I would like to see slight finger grooves down the front, so that your hand could lock on to, and the sharp front edges removed. The cap on the underside of the fore grip, is a neat touch tidying up the fitting to marker joint, which often looks messy.

The milling is smooth and uncluttered, very easy to clean, and the overall look is of a well manufactured and uncluttered marker, that will handle anything the dedicated tourney player could throw at it. My marker is a black dust model, and the anodising is perfectly matched all over the marker without a blemish to be seen.

It’s clean milling hides the massive performance that has been designed into this the latest offering from WDP. All together it’s a first class marker, that will sell exceptionally well and stand the test of time as a definite improvement over it’s predecessor.

Nice one guys, as always it’s a pleasure to be an Angel Tech.

Tom Allen.

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Yep have to agree!
Looks and feels awesome.
cons;
No demo mode, boo!
MROF with eyes off non-adjustable at 18bps.

That's all for now as I've not shot her with paint yet.....

Paul
:)

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Originally posted by Jon S
What is the LED interface like in terms of user friendliness?
Very easy, as Paul says, just three settings to remember, dwell, trigger offset and hopper speed. One internal button to scroll through the three functions, and the same button to adjust.

Easy.

I thought i would miss the display of the A4 fly, but i haven't. The on-live, off-safe feature is great, far easier than holding the top button down for 2 secs to make it safe.