Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Spend my money

darkoracle

Jun 2, 2015
Golborne
Hi I just started paintball, seems like a fun way to get outside for some much needed exercise. I have £300 to spend on gear and was shocked to see how much cheaper I can get markers for in the classifieds. I am looking for an easy to maintain marker that I can use for any kind of game, I have only plaid woods ball up to now but speed looks like a ton of fun. What do I buy and is it ok to buy second hand?

louisxg

Apr 30, 2015
Essex
I'm also a newbie and for £250 I picked up a Planet Eclipse Etek 3 with an Empire Halo V35 loader and Guerilla 4500 carbon fibre tank. Picked up from the classifieds on here. And although I haven't yet used it I cant wait!

Second hand is definitely not a bad thing, in fact i recommend it. You get so much bang for your buck.

Look at Rails, Ethas, Eteks, Geos, just to name a few guns to be looking at. However Im sure the more seasoned ballers on here will provide you more help :) :)

Reactions: 777 and darkoracle

TNT_UK

TNT_UK
Apr 18, 2015
It is also worth checking out Ebay for paintball equipment, as I have bought some good stuff from there. Ebay will not sell markers, but everything else can be had there, including hoppers. I wouldn't buy an air tank from Ebay, for that I would buy new or the "for sale" section on this forum, as the rules are very clear on the information the seller has to give before they can sell.

Pillage and Plunder
Jun 14, 2011
Bognor Regis
As has been said, try and get to see and hold the markers at an event or a shop, what feels and works for one person doesn't mean it will be right for you, personally i like Planet Eclipse markers, easy to maintain and reliable and robust as anything, but that's just my personal opinion.

Pillage and Plunder
Jun 14, 2011
Bognor Regis
Same goes for a mask, try out as many as you can and make sure if you do buy secondhand that the lenses arnt buggered as safety is No.1

louisxg

Apr 30, 2015
Essex
Yes mask is the 1st thing you should pick up. Top/newest masks being Empire E Flex, Dye i4, V Force Grills. I have the E Flex and the Grills and speak very highly of both masks. I have a large head so the E Flex is perfect for me. If you have a smaller face maybe aim for a Dye i4, again pick this up in the For Sale section to pick up a bargain.

Jerseys, bottoms, gloves and packs regularly come up for sale on here and at great prices so if you are patient you will pick up some nice deals!