Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

spire or rotor?

M4rk

Monkey Spankers
Jul 31, 2012
Norfolk
I switched from Rotor to Spire.
I initially found it lighter and quieter, but then I found as I started to play faster the speed feed I was using would not take the paint quick enough, and I was losing at least 20 balls from my pod onto the floor.
I then tested the GI hopper with the built in radar and found it was not very power efficient, the batteries did not last a day.
I have now got another Rotor and now don't understand why I changed!!

Reactions: Greg k

OlliePB

Apr 3, 2014
thanks looks like il stay with my rotor then, what gun are you shooting?

OlliePB

Apr 3, 2014
looks like i might have to purchase one! might be a stupid question but like the rotors there's gen's(1,2,3) is this the same for them if so how much for each one thanks

Norder

Jun 4, 2012
Reading
www.facebook.com
Gen1 has no battery Velcro straps or shark fin
Gen 2 has battery Velcro straps but no shark fin
Gen 3 has both battery Velcro straps and shark fin.

Hope this helps!

Ricki_diego

Ricki diego - Evil Twin
Jul 29, 2012
Bristol
It def is personal preference. I used to have a rotor and now have a spire.

The rotor seems to just be so much more simple which I quite like. Also it seems to feed the last few remaining balls some what better then the spire as, as default it has a internal spring loaded ramp.

Spire, being smaller and lighter is a nice advantage! but without the ramp (which can be purchased separately). I find I need to shake and shoot the last few balls. It's not a big issue, and it doesn't always happen. This can be overcome by filling up early or buying the add on ramp.

Juts seems a shame they didnt include this as standard....as otherwise I would say Spire all the way!

OlliePB

Apr 3, 2014
what would you a rough price 2nd hand on a spire is then? thanks for the help

Last edited: