Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

spire or rotor?

smudgerebt

Rockin VIP Cocker, So-Manc E1, LV1
Apr 19, 2014
Near Stockport
The Spire seems to handle the smaller paint better.

Thd R2 has a few nice gimicks to it (the lifting the back to increase capacity) but isnt cheap.

Putting a price of a second hand rotor against price of a new spire, dosnt compare.

So, erm, spire. And i have both.

Aaron Eccles

Oct 29, 2014
Owned a handful of rotors and changed to spire last year. For me the Spire wins everytime. IMO the reasons they are my 1st pick are as follows.

•Quieter when alerting you are near empty
•you can easily enter settings mode, •battery efficency is great.
•LED can be switched off, great for night games
•Programmable and updates can be purchased from Virtue website
•when speed feed is fitted it doesn't leave a big trench where the lid goes on the rotor
•less moving parts
•no plastic cogs/fins as they are direct drive from the motor.

Just all round great loaders. I personally wouldnt own another rotor.

Reactions: STONESOLDIER

Bertz

instagram above
Nov 26, 2014
coventry
Yep spire for me over a Rotor as for a reasons others have suggested, not to say the Rotor isn't bullet proof.

Did consider a tfx lately as a second hopper but ended up getting another spire due to reputation and reliability

tomi81

May 28, 2008
Vantaa, Finland
Spire is better hands down.
The design is much more refined compared to Rotor (which is a good loader, but with few points are missed), especially the anti-jam system and it isn't as rough on the balls as Rotor is.

Reactions: STONESOLDIER

Marc0

IronWolf
Feb 18, 2004
Sleeping in Bracknell.
www.p8ntballer.com
I have owned both Rotor and Spire and my loader of choice is the ..................... Rotor.

You turn it on at the start of the day and turn it off when you have finished :)

I don't need a loader with a higher IQ than me to load paint into my marker, the Spire did the SAME job but actually failed to load as consistently and reliably.

Also I see a lot of Spire users losing the top of their loaders when diving which never happens to me when using the Rotor. Also the Spire as good as it is seems to wear out the flexible rubber fingers on the drive cone.

I strip and clean the Rotor after each days play, if hardly ever needs anything more than a wipe to clean excess oil from the paint shells.

I would look harder at changing to the R2 .................... but it's far too expensive.

AlexG

Nov 23, 2014
If you're able to get a spire 260, it's been my personal favourite and I've used just about all of them. Lightweight and high capacity, balances out my setup well with a 77. Rotor would be my follow up, cheap, a set of batteries last a lifetime and they can't seem to break. If a rotor jams (it happens once in a blue moon though) absolute pain to unjam, the shark fin is awful