Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

sprint trainin'

Smudge

Apr 27, 2003
West Midlands UK
Goin bk 2 tha earlier question i wud av 2 say (if it hasnt alredy bin sed) go up tha gym and use (mostly) tha treadmill and cross~trainer but for sprintin' use the step machine. It makes ur calves much stronger and therefore u will av a mor powerful set of legs.

Also get fit (if ur not alredy) and go up tha gym regularly.

I only jus joined (on me 14th b'day) and since iv bin goin up thers bin quite a big difference in my game!

fordanaldino

Mangos birdage
Mar 16, 2003
House of CP
www.protopaintball.com
i was talkin to this rugby coach and he said to get good acceleration what you do is jog backwards on your toes and then turn round and sprint for about 5 yards. Turn back around and repeat. This is what you see football and rugby players doing anyway.

also i found putting around 30kg of weights on your shoulders and doing squats helps. Also using the same amount of weight and doing calf raises.

Burb

#1 Soi Cowboy.
Nov 27, 2001
Middleweight
I was just about to post the same question, Ive been going to the Gym pretty much 4/5 times every week - mainly doing cardio excersise's for 2 hours. Just looking on the internet, and found information pretty much the same given here ie. Work on your leg muscles.

You can buy those leg weights which Hurdle Jumpers use to increase the load onto your legs, but you would look pretty stupid on a paintball field.

Ripped from Men's Health - England Rugby Tips...

Jumps to Box

1. Position a sturdy box, or platform within jumping distance. The higher the box the more explosive the jump

2. Use your arms to lead the initial fast decent to a full squat position, then swing rapidly to upward movement.

3. Spring as high as you can on the box. Step down and repeat.

Lateral Jumps (good for explosive change of direction)

1. Set your feet shoulder-width apart. Repeatedly jump over an obstacle (sideways).

2. The key is to spend the minimum time in contact with the ground and generate as much push-off force as possible.

Hope that helps?

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Maybe I'm being overly simplistic here but what could be more effective than simply doing what it is you need to get better at? That way, you must be exercising the right parts of your body surely?

Don't get me wrong I know very little about these matters but surely if you just go for a run and sprint like a fooker between every second lampost to the next one it's going to build the right muscles?

As long as you do this 3-4 times a week (say a 20 min) run in total you won't fail but improve your physicality in the areas needed...?

Just not sure we need to go to the Ivan Drago school of sprinting to achieve the desired results?? Or do we?

Burb

#1 Soi Cowboy.
Nov 27, 2001
Middleweight
Originally posted by Ben Frain

Just not sure we need to go to the Ivan Drago school of sprinting to achieve the desired results?? Or do we?
Im sure you don't to achieve a certain level, but if you want to be the best - then you may as well train like the people who get paid to do it.

T

Tommy Gun-Nexus

This is a really good thread!

Top info on how to be prepared for the modern game :)

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
a lot of running has to do with technique.
We had a trainer come into work to teach us about Atheltic movement, and he did some really cool running exercises with us, where we analised our running technique on video, and then broke down individual movements of the run.
when we ran after practicing we were much quicker, and more effiecient in the way we ran.

I will likely write an article about this in the next few weeks on my website Mojo_Paintball (check my sig).