Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Spyder pump?!?

Bukko89

Nov 17, 2010
Great Yarmouth
Has anyone ever tried making a spyder pump? Or some equivalent of.
Really want to make a pump either old spyder, maybe tippman 98, something a bit different.
On that note anyone have something for sale??
Have seen some old infernos for sale but don't know if they would do the job.
Thoughts anyone??

Bukko89

Nov 17, 2010
Great Yarmouth
I have had a good ol read of the guide seems reasonably (ish) straight forward. Wondering if anyone else had tried having a go??
What starter gun they went with
Great link, thanks

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
I'm building one right now. If you can find a classic spyder then you don't have to modify the valve stem as a stock inferno one will go in just fine.

I'm using a 95 spyder for my base. Have disabled the blowback and tried with the rear cocking handle and working fine. Next step mock up the pump using pvc tube before I turn a nice wood handle on the lathe. Will post up a thread when I'm ready to show.

Reactions: Gee Tee

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
An inferno will be a pain in the arse. Purely because those mk2's have the air going into the front handle/expansion chamber. A mk1 where the air goes straight into the body may be doable. Problem with infernos is stopping the blowback as they do not release the air to recock through the valve pin like a spyder. Hence why I was able to use a inferno valve stem to stop the blowback on mine. Not sure how you could alter the valve to prevent it.

Reactions: Canon Fodder

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
So an inferno valve stem will fit in a spyder valve will it @Big_jim ? That's useful to know, thanks, I though you had to seek out a trilogy valve stem to stop the blow back.

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
Depends on the age of the spyder. Newer spyders have "eco" valves with narrow diameter valve pins. For reference the pyder I used is one of the very first ones like this.

Reactions: Canon Fodder

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Nice one GeeTee, milling the rail is probably out of the realms of DIY for most of us mere mortals though.

Big_jim - that is very useful info for anyone looking to convert an older spyder, when I did my bolt action piranha I filled in the flats on the stem with some plumbers stuff you kneed and then it sets and sanded it down, knowing that an inferno one would have fitted would have been a lot easier.

http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/who-needs-mills-lathes-and-vices.144316/#post-1284292