Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Spyder TL vs. Tippman 98

johndoe

Aug 7, 2001
Visit site
Hello, i'm a newbie and i'm looking to buy a gun. Either a Spyder (TL) or a Tippman 98 but i'm having a hard time finding out which markeer i should get.

Anyone have any suggestions? What is better with a psyder, and what is better with a Tippman. Whats worse on either?

Thanks guys!

Regards, Kai Pettersen:)

Ghost

Aug 5, 2001
Ohio
Toughy. I think this might be the biggest dispute in paintball markers... "What is better: A Tippy or a Spyder...."

For a newbie, I'd have to say 98. You can beat the hell outta it and it's still gonna work. :D

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Tippmanns generally have fewer problems, have a better manual, are widely known for durability (hence their overwhelming majority in the field rental market), have tons of people at fields that know how to fix them, and have an excellent customer service department. By all those measures Spyders are lacking.

Those are the issues I think of when wanting to buy a gun.

The Kid

P8ntball Junkie
Oh no.....not again.

Even if you don't mention a word about a Tippmann Model 98....you'll get just about for or five people who gotta tell you that the 98 is the best begginer gun. I personally like the TL over the M98, but i suppose I won't win...so just go with the 98. It is a good gun....I just don't like it for several reasons. Namely, I think its uggggly!

Mittenz The Kittenz

Aug 11, 2001
Blue Hill, Maine
Visit site
I would go for what ever you like the feel of better. No one can make the decision for you. If it is possible try both of them out. They both have their high's and low's. You are going find people that will love and hate each. There should be people that can help you with either where ever you play.