Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Starter Marker

smetter

Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Thinking about purchasing the Piranha STS G3 Vertical Feed Paintball Gun as a starter? What size tank do most people start out with 12, 16, 20oz. The 20 seems so big? What other items are a must besides nice thermal goggles? You help is greatly needed?

Aug 5, 2001
Visit site
I would get a 9 ounce. I have that and I think it is fine. I would get a hopper (The thing you put paintballs in) if you didn't get it. Also, most importantly get paintballs. I am not saying this comes before goggles but you have the 2 most important already.

The Kid

P8ntball Junkie
Well....

I have a 12oz. tank, but most people I know have started off with 9oz. tanks. Get some kind of knee/shin gaurd protection for sliding. I recommend cleats....as will others, no matter what you are playing(besides indoor-in this case, get some indorr soccer cleats) you'll get more traction. Gloves are pretty helpful. A harness to carry guppies. I'm sure there are some more things, but the other guys should get something if I missed it. :)

Hope that helps.

DDavidD

Aug 12, 2001
I would prefer a Spyder marker...

My experience is Spyder markers work excellent and without any big problems. Maybe you can check out www.europb.com. They have great starter package deals. I plan to buy a ELCD Spyder from them myself.

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
A good way to save some time and money and get familiar with paintguns at the same time is to buy something used from a player at your field. For various reasons, people sell good beginners guns all the time, such as they might be getting out of the game or are moving up to a faster gun. Both situations usually have you meeting the person that is selling the gun, test firing it a bunch and possibly playing a few games with it to see if it fits your needs, and knowing if that specific gun has a history of being reliable or troublesome. All these in addition to lower price and being totally up and ready are benefits that cannot be had from new guns most of the time.

Give it a look.

spydertrix

Aug 16, 2001
Visit site
Spyder or Piranha good starter gun. I started with a 9oz most of my friends did 2. Also gloves are a great help other people have already metioned other things u should need.

Cyberbob

Aug 16, 2001
Visit site
A lot of people like to start with the 9oz tank, but I prefer the 12oz. You don't even need thermal lenses in your goggles, although, those are the best kind if you can afford them. You will want a harness, hopper, squegie, barrel plug (most likely included with the gun), those are the absolute necessities, but you might want some body armor, gloves, neck protector, jerseys, and the list could go on for pages. If you want to know about more stuff, talk to your local field or pro-shop.